Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

→ in
Tools    

#9 is just the working title, because it's Tarantino's 9th movie. Kinda makes sense, right?

Anyways, here's the official press release regarding the movie's release date set for August 9, 2019.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...in-august-2019

December 1, 2017

Variety reports that the ninth Quentin Tarantino movie will be released by Sony Pictures on August 9, 2019. The other film scheduled for that date is Disney’s Artemis Fowl.

The release date will mark the 50th anniversary of the murder of Sharon Tate and four others on August 9, 1969.

The film is an ensemble with Tarantino reportedly having been in talks with Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Margot Robbie, and Jennifer Lawrence for potential roles in the film. It remains to be seen who will be cast in the film in the end, but Tarantino is gearing up for another major ensemble piece.

The film, whose working title is #9 (referencing Tarantino’s ninth feature film as director), will be set in Los Angeles and will likely shoot in the summer of 2018. Vanity Fair previously revealed the first plot details for the set-in-1969 movie from a source that has read the script:

“Set in Los Angeles in the summer of 1969, Tarantino’s upcoming movie focuses on a male TV actor who’s had one hit series and his looking for a way to get into the film business. His sidekick—who’s also his stunt double—is looking for the same thing. The horrific murder of Sharon Tate and four of her friends by Charles Manson’s cult of followers serves as a backdrop to the main story.”

Sources also have compared the film to Tarantino’s Pulp Fiction while noting it will have a budget in the range of Django Unchained, which had a $100-million budget but grossed over $425 million at the global box office.

The Variety announcement:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/qu...lm-1202628252/

Quentin Tarantino’s still-untitled ninth film has a release date. The “Pulp Fiction” director’s latest will hit theaters on Aug. 9, 2019, Variety has learned. Opening on 50th anniversary of the day the Manson family committed the LaBianca murders and the day after actress Sharon Tate was killed, the film will head off against “Artemis Fowl,” Disney’s adaptation of the popular sci-fi and fantasy series.

Sony is distributing Tarantino’s next picture. The studio beat out several bidders, including Warner Bros. and Paramount, for rights to the film. It’s being shrouded in secrecy, but is set in 1969 and is believed to involve Charles Manson and the Manson family murders. The director has told media outlets that it’s not a biopic, but is an ensemble film set during the tumultuous time period. It’s the first film that Tarantino is releasing without the Weinstein Company. The indie studio is on the verge of bankruptcy following sexual harassment allegations against its founder Harvey Weinstein.

Tarantino is reportedly looking at several big actors to round out his cast, including Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, and Margot Robbie. “Harry Potter” franchise guru David Heyman is producing the picture.

Tarantino’s films include “The Hateful Eight,” “Jackie Brown,” and “Inglourious Basterds.” Although the Weinsteins released those pictures, Sony did handle the international roll out for “Django Unchained.” Last month, Tarantino snagged an $18-million California film tax credit. Production is scheduled to begin next year.

The Aug. 9, 2019, date will mark the 50th anniversary of the murders of Sharon Tate and four other people in Los Angeles. Manson directed his followers to kill the 26-year-old Tate — who was pregnant and married to director Roman Polanski — and the others at the home she was renting in the Benedict Canyon area of Los Angeles.

Polanski was out of the country at the time of the Cielo Drive killings. The other victims were celebrity hair stylist Jay Sebring, 35; Voytek Frykowski, 32; coffee heiress Abigail Folger, 25; and Steven Parent, 18, a friend of Tate’s caretaker.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

You can't win an argument just by being right!
That would be interesting, I don't think Brad Pitt like's Tom Cruise.. and didn't want to work with him again after interview with a vampire reportedly saying I'm the type of guy you bump into, Tom's the type of guy that bumps into you... I totally get that but I imagine if anybody could bring them together it would be QT
Did he actually say that because he seems pretty quiet ? the comment he made (out of context ofcourse) just seems like muckabout stuff. I'd have to read the rest, but sshhhhh dont really care about tom mcshorty

*runs away not terrified of scientology*

This might just do nobody any good.
Brad had an infamously s**tty time making Interview with the Vampire so, y’know, make of that what you will.

Brad had an infamously s**tty time making Interview with the Vampire so, y’know, make of that what you will.
I dont recall. He looked pretty pissed off is all I can say.

Leo’s in:

http://deadline.com/2018/01/leonardo...ng-1202241971/

He’ll play “an aging tv actor (huh?) trying to break into film.”

There’s a rumor going around that there’s a role written specifically for Pacino in this.

I've just consciously realized how many high-profile directors DiCaprio has gotten the privilege to work with over the last 20 years: James Cameron, Danny Boyle, Martin Scorsese, Steven Spielberg, Edward Zwick, Ridley Scott, Sam Mendes, Christopher Nolan, Clint Eastwood, Alejandro G. Iñárritu, and now he's working with Quentin Tarantino once again. It's quite impressive how he has managed to rise up to the position he's currently at in such a relatively short amount of time.

Report says that both Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise are circling the project over two meaty male roles. Now imagine if they all end up in this movie:

Leonardo DiCaprio, Al Pacino, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt. I assume Samuel Jackson will have some role in the movie, too.

Wow! That is one helluva cast!

I heard Pitt had officially passed. Margot Robbie’s response to the offer of playing Sharon Tate is pending.

Great casts like that often end up awkward since they all need to have some memorable role so that makes me nervous more than anything.
Yeah but come on, lot's of memorable roles it's what Tarantino is good at and don't need to be big parts, look at True Romance.. Hopper, Walken, Oldman all renowned actors given barely 5 minutes screen time.. but unforgettable.

Leo’s in:

http://deadline.com/2018/01/leonardo...ng-1202241971/

He’ll play “an aging tv actor (huh?) trying to break into film.”
So Leo's playing the leading role then, if I understand correctly?

I guess it might be easier now to get Margot Robbie as well, as she's already shined with Leo before in The Wolf of Wall Street. I hope she will be a part of this as well. She's a gorgeous actress.

I'm excited! I have no idea what Tarantino is up to with this concept. One year and and seven months to go!

Great casts like that often end up awkward since they all need to have some memorable role so that makes me nervous more than anything.
"Look at me."

"No, look at me motherf*cka*

"How about you look at ME!"

Very excited for this one.

DiCaprio finally will start working on a film

“Do you know anything about an actor going around auditioning for movies? He's someone you'd remember. Instead of talking, he acts. And when he better act, he talks.”

Really looking forward to this.

Sounds like an awful sitcom:

Tarantino describes it as "a story that takes place in Los Angeles in 1969, at the height of hippy Hollywood. The two lead characters are Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio), former star of a western TV series, and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt). Both are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they don’t recognize anymore. But Rick has a very famous next-door neighbor…Sharon Tate."

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Sounds pretty generic. The film will mainly focus on these two guys trying to make it in Hollywood with all these Tarantinian shenanigans and kind of humour, and then the Sharon Tate subplot will involve them somehow, and the incident will change their lives/worldview/attitude. Tarantino will not show the Manson Family murders and will be praised by critics for not resorting to mindless exploitation, and respecting the dead.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.