World Cup Soccer 2018

Tools    

Denmark are pretty workman-like, but they have a few talents which are on the rise. Obviously Christian Eriksen is the star and, IMO, is starting to become the kind of player you can talk about as genuinely world class in another season or so.

Was just looking at the FIFA schedule. Spain vs. Portugal will be a good match to watch on June 15. Maybe I will watch the opening match of Russia vs. Saudi Arabia on the 14th. Hard to believe Italy is not playing. England plays Tunisia, Panama & Belgium. I would imagine they will beat Tunisia, but maybe not the other 2 teams. So bummed USA is not playing.

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/

Was just looking at the FIFA schedule. Spain vs. Portugal will be a good match to watch on June 15. Maybe I will watch the opening match of Russia vs. Saudi Arabia on the 14th. Hard to believe Italy is not playing. England plays Tunisia, Panama & Belgium. I would imagine they will beat Tunisia, but maybe not the other 2 teams. So bummed USA is not playing.
USA were great last time. It's unthinkable that the Netherlands and Italy aren't in it either.

USA were great last time. It's unthinkable that the Netherlands and Italy aren't in it either.
It was so great to watch the USA in the World Cup. So enthusiastic & trying so hard. A+ for effort.

Didn’t realize the Netherlands is not in. Bummer.

It was so great to watch the USA in the World Cup. So enthusiastic & trying so hard. A+ for effort.
Yeah it was great to see the positive effect it had in the US with people being enthusiastic.

Didn’t realize the Netherlands is not in. Bummer.
I support England, Croatia and the Netherlands in that order . I'd like to see Croatia do better this time.

Yeah it was great to see the positive effect it had in the US with people being enthusiastic.
The average American, I would hazard to guess, has little interest in football (unless their kid plays it at school). But there are hundreds of thousands of people in America who avidly watch soccer. People from the Caribbean, Central Americans, South Americans, European ex-pats, et al. So there’s plenty of interest here once it gets going.

Brazil fan since birth!

But France squad is scary. Germany, Spain, France and Brazil all can take it.

I'm rooting for Finland... No, wait, we never ever qualify in football

Stanley Cup finals should end before these so I'm most likely watching some games at least. Haven't really followed football in quite some time now but World Cup is always nice. Just hoping there isn't too much diving and embellishment.

I have taken permission from my boss to work from home for a month. Same as I did in 2014!

Yeah. My boss is nice! He doesn't care as long as the work gets done. I have to move away from US. Next one is in Qatar. I will be 4 years older and surely won't be able to wake up at 02:00 or something for the matches!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
[quote=SeeingisBelieving;1799414]

I was sorry to hear that the USA hadn't qualified as they were great in the last World Cup and it seemed that the American audience was really excited by how well they were doing. It's really disappointing that Wales and Scotland haven't managed to get through this time either.

Aside from England I'm always rooting for the Netherlands and Croatia. And I loved Iceland in the Euros. They look like they're walking qualification but I hope Croatia get through in the same group.
Me too. We were in NYC and the American audience in our restaurant was fantastic.

Also a big fan of the Netherlands. They always seem to be a great Fandom.I will be watching some of it for sure.

Me too. We were in NYC and the American audience in our restaurant was fantastic.

Also a big fan of the Netherlands. They always seem to be a great Fandom.I will be watching some of it for sure.
It's going to be good to refamiliarise myself with the teams. Australia are in a pretty good group I think – France are going to be tough, possibly even Denmark. I don't know the Peru team.

Yeah. My boss is nice! He doesn't care as long as the work gets done. I have to move away from US. Next one is in Qatar. I will be 4 years older and surely won't be able to wake up at 02:00 or something for the matches!
The really weird thing, being in the UK, is going to be watching it in the winter.

I know. That winter world cup thing will be weird! But at least need to geographically closer so the matches are during normal hours. I remember USA 94. I was down far east then. Matches at 4 in the morning were brutal. Snoozed through school for a month. Dad was fine with me watching. Mom went bonkers coz it was effecting my studies!

The really weird thing, being in the UK, is going to be watching it in the winter.
Why would it be in the winter? Because Qatar is too hot?

Yes that is the reason. AC stadium is something they are trying to build. Some of the stadiums are upwards of $2.5B