Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Ghostbusters (2016) -

Who you gonna call? Literally anyone else.

Let me start off by saying that I was not one of those people who hated on this remake from the time it was announced. I was open to the concept, and was willing to let the movie speak for itself. I went in with zero bias and came out thinking it was one of the worst movies I've seen in recent memory.

It gets half a star for Chris Hemsworth, who really needs to take on more comedic roles, and it would've gotten another half star for the end credits routine he featured in, but it went on far too long.

Welcome to the human race...
Pity.

Anyway...

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story -

I don't want no part of this sh*t.

Green Room (2015)

I enjoyed this because it suits my taste extremely well, but I did not think it was a very good movie. The characters and performances were serviceable for the most part, with the exception of Patrick Stewart as the main bad guy. That should have been a standout role full of menace and one-liners, but I thought he was almost unbelievably bland. The other problem with the movie is that it's idiotic. It's played straight enough that it should be much more realistic. On the plus side, the action and violence is done extremely well, and that's really the main reason I watch a movie like this. The tension is decent, but it felt manufactured. My wife likes movies like this too, but she though it sucked.

The Lucky Ones (2008)

+

Thoughts posted in the 10th Hall of Fame thread.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Gigi (1958)

I was looking forward to this due to my misconceptions. I thought it was Audrey Hepburn on the movie poster, but she's not in it. It's on the top 100 passions list, and I'm a sucker for the occasional love story, but this is more a musical than anything else. Sitting through it was like paying my dues as a movie buff. I have nothing negative to say about the movie, it's just not for me. Goodies probably has it on repeat when Hubby ain't around.

Nah, not Gigi. It's a good movie, but far from my favorite musical.

Try one of these instead:

Annie Get Your Gun (1950)
Tea for Two (1950)
Hans Christian Andersen (1952)
Singin' in the Rain (1952)
Brigadoon (1954)
Oklahoma! (1955)
Carousel (1956)
The Pajama Game (1957)
Damn Yankees (1958)

Genre: Drama
Starring: Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller
NETFLIX

Another american Mr Macho war hero movie.
Im not a Bradley Cooper fan to say the least,and i wasnt impressed by him in this either-he was basically just his douche self.
As far as the characters go,i genuinely couldnt care less about them-wether it be him alone or his relationship with his wife which seemed pretty much non existent.There was no build up for me to care for any of them, it went from a scene of him treating his soon to be ex-girlfriend badly,to holding the new girls hair whilst puking,to marrying her.
They were just trying to jam too much into one movie- the build up with the problems he had at home didnt work for me either until the party but that was long into the movie and some of the dialogue is just laughable "you`re so real,you scare me" or "i do this for attention",or hey cliches like
"I see you,i feel you but you`re not really here" because her giving some actual good arguements for him to stay with his family and raise his own kids i assume just wouldnt be good for a pro-miliatry movie.What should have been the showdown and prob highlight of the movie was one of the worst scenes.
All in all-the acting was terrible and/or below mediocre from both the leads and the doll- none of the characters appealed to me and as for the war part we`ve seen it all before.

The Manchurian Candidate

A master piece. A cold war spy mystery drama, with a heavy emphasys on mystery. Reminds a lot of hitchcock, especially the Man Who Knew Too Much. But it's a lot more fascinating. 5/5

Genre: Drama
Cast: Kevin Spacey,Stanley Tucci,Zachary Quinto,Simon Baker,Paul Bettany,Demi Moore and Jeremy Irons
Netflix

After getting fired Eric Dale hands over a USB with a project he was working on to a colleauge which holds a secret that will bring down the wall street investement bank he used to work for.The next 36hours sees the managements and workers scramble to fix the problem.

Obviously this being about wallstreet and money and numbers etc etc i had no clue what they were talking about half the time,yet they still managed to keep it interesting.And with a cast like that you cant go wrong! The only weak link here was Penn Badgley but even he was alright.

Haven't seen the movie, but I am almost sure my rating could be something like that just judging trailers and stuff.
I didn't really like the trailer, but I didn't think it meant that the movie would also be bad, because comedies in particular usually don't have great trailers. However I found that the trailer was actually very indicative of the writing and style of the movie. So if you didn't like the trailer, you probably won't like the movie.

I avoided all reviews and discussions about the movie before seeing it yesterday to avoid setting expectations or clouding my judgement, but I was secretly hoping that the movie would be good to show up the people online who hated it from the minute it was announced, for no reason other than the fact that it was a gender-swapped remake of a beloved movie.

I might be inclined to give the movie another chance when it comes out on video, but even the kids sat a few rows in front of me didn't seem to find it very entertaining, and that's usually not a good sign.

The Lords of Salem -

Rob Zombie is the Michael Bay of horror directors and this is his The Rock.
Now that has me interested.

I always liked the Rob Zombish universe and atmosphere and feel, but unfortunately he never could make a good movie out of it.

Welcome to the human race...
Now that has me interested.

I always liked the Rob Zombish universe and atmosphere and feel, but unfortunately he never could make a good movie out of it.
I think a significant reason for why I liked it a lot more than the other Zombie films I've seen is because it is so far removed from the slasher/hixploitation aesthetics that he usually favours that it seems incredibly fresh in comparison, whether it's the general high-brow 1970s horror Exorcist/Omen kind of vibe or the finale that looks like it belongs in a Nicolas Winding Refn film.

The Lords of Salem -

Rob Zombie is the Michael Bay of horror directors and this is his The Rock.
Wake me when he makes his Pain & Gain