My Favorite Nicole Kidman Performances

Tools    

I first remember seeing her in Batman Forever and she was stunning there.

My favourite performance from her is in Rabbit Hole.

Also wanna give a shout out to the great performance in Paddington.

She was the best thing about Batman Forever

Stirchley, you and I might be the only two people on the planet who have seen The Killing of a Sacred Deer
I think I watched it some years back, more because I found the name funny than anything else

It's funny you should mention the title, because one of the first things that crossed my mind as the credits rolled was "What the hell does the title mean?"

Tracy, Malice

Kidman made an intelligent damsel in distress as a married woman who has been having difficulty getting pregnant and finds her life thrown into a tailspin when she is operated on by an arrogant and enigmatic surgeon (Alec Baldwin).

Aline Bernstein, Genius

Kidman offers one of her most chilling performances in this fact-based drama as a wealthy divorcee whose affair with writer Thomas Wolfe (Jude Law) hits a snag when he starts spending too much time with his publisher, Max Perkins (Colin Firth).

The truth is in here
Even though she's really good in Margot At The Wedding, I detest that movie with every fiber of my being. It's a dreadfully boring and irritating display of a miserable bunch of characters you couldn't care less about what happens to them. You can write a movie full of narcissists if you manage to make them interesting or have some kind of justifiable motivations for their behavior, but you don't get that here.

She's excellent in Dead Calm and Eyes Wide Shut, and those movie deserve her hard effort more. Eyes Wide Shut is one of my favorite Kubrick movies in fact.
I've seen The Killing Of A Sacred Deer. I liked it.

I hope her performance in Moulin Rouge! makes it on here. She's absolutely spellbinding in it.

Even though she's really good in Margot At The Wedding, I detest that movie with every fiber of my being. It's a dreadfully boring and irritating display of a miserable bunch of characters you couldn't care less about what happens to them.
I loved this movie.

I hope her performance in Moulin Rouge! makes it on here. She's absolutely spellbinding in it.
Hated this movie.

Miss Martha, The Beguiled

Kidman was the best thing about Sofia Coppola's remake of the 1971 Clint Eastwood film. She plays the stern headmistress of a small girls' school in the south whose school is thrown for a loop when a wounded soldier (Colin Farrell) is found and brought back to the school to nurse his wounds.

Grace, The Others

Kidman was bone-chilling in this psychological thriller playing a woman who lives in a large mansion with her two children who comes to believe the mansion is haunted.

Satine, Moulin Rouge

Nicole was dazzling in this Baz Lehrman musical that afforded the opportunity to sing and dance and earned her an Oscar nomination to boot. She plays a French courtesan who finds herself being courted by a penniless playwright (Ewan McGregor) and a wealthy Duke (Richard Roxburgh).

Well, finally down to # 2...sorry it took so long. Actually anyone who follows my threads with any regularity should already know what #1 is...drum roll...and now my #1 favorite performance of the divine Nicole Kidman:

Suzanne Stone, To Die For

This performance also topped my list of Sexiest Female Movie Characters. Kidman plays a small town woman who wants to be the next Barbara Walters but finds her ambitions being stifled by her dumb as a box of rocks husband (Matt Dillon). She decides to get him out of the way be seducing a horny high school student (Joaquin Phoenix) and getting him to murder her husband for him. Kidman is mesmerizing in this performance. I think this might be the performance that made me come up with a phrase I have often used to describe certain performances..."Sex on legs."

Hope someone enjoyed the list

Congrats on finishing your list, Gideon. It's been a bit of an odd one for me as (as mentioned earlier in the thread) I didn't know/notice that she'd been so busy of the last 20 years. That said, I have seen your top 3 performances from her so, as I suspected, there's little need to see the rest. Something I could probably replicate with any actor/actress/genre/films of last 20 years.

I first remember seeing her in Batman Forever and she was stunning there.

My favourite performance from her is in Rabbit Hole.

Also wanna give a shout out to the great performance in Paddington.
I agree with you completely.

The truth is in here
I hated Nicole Kidman in Paddington. She's over-the-top in the most obnoxiously theatrical way. The only one of her performances I can't stand.

Glad to see Moulin Rouge make second place!

I hated Nicole Kidman in Paddington. She's over-the-top in the most obnoxiously theatrical way. The only one of her performances I can't stand.

Glad to see Moulin Rouge make second place!

You haven't seen Nicole really over the top unless you've seen the remake of The Stepford Wives or the film version of Bewitched.