The MoFo Top 100 Films Directed By Women Countdown: Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

I totally forgot about this which is a shame as I had about 15 movies lined up. I'm still hoping to get a list in though. Will need to cram a few in before the deadline.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
My proposition for next one: Directed by black queer transsexual unicorns.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Welcome to the human race...
How many lists have been submitted?
At least ten now, three of which were submitted since I sent that reminder out earlier.

My proposition for next one: Directed by black queer transsexual unicorns.
In that case, we'll wait for your recommendations.

How many noms per member list?
You send a top 25 ranked, so your #1 gets 25 points, your #2 gets 24 down to your #25 getting 1 point. If you can't come up with 25 then he's accepting smaller lists of i think 10 or higher.

Seeing how some have missed this thread, it might be helpful to post the link to Camo's thread
Directed By Women Recommendations link

That link has 100s of films that were directed by women...As the deadline for this Countdown is almost up March 31st, at least take a look at that link and see if there's any moives you've seen and liked....then submit a list to Iroquis before the deadline.

There's also this - https://letterboxd.com/michaelhaneke...cted-by-women/

A list of 3729 films Directed By Women. If you have Letterboxd and have marked the films you've watched then it will tell you what you've seen and you can use the dropdown to set it to "show watched films". If not you can use the dropdowns to set it to various other things to make it easier to navigate, "Sort By Popularity", "Sort By Average Rating", "Release Date (Earliest or Newest first)", etc.

You send a top 25 ranked, so your #1 gets 25 points, your #2 gets 24 down to your #25 getting 1 point. If you can't come up with 25 then he's accepting smaller lists of i think 10 or higher.
I've gotten a couple of submissions that are even smaller - one's got six titles, one's even just a single title. I realise that coming up with 25 may be tough, but I do think that coming up with ten should be a compromise to strive for in those cases.

Sent mine in a few days ago, hopefully it was received.

one's even just a single title.
Jesus. It's better than nothing i suppose but it's surprising to me that film fans couldn't come up with at least ten. I had more than twenty and several i don't love but could have voted for before this started and i've never focused on films directed by women before this.

Looks like a list is going tohappen now thankfully.

Yeah, like I'm not judging the user in question or anything but countdowns like this thrive on a diversity of choices - the longer the submission, the better chance the final list has of representing that same diversity. Of course, you go too far in that direction and you end up with something like that album countdown where everyone had such different tastes in music that barely any albums were agreed upon enough to qualify.

Let the night air cool you off
Right now I am trying to decide if I should cut my list down to, I don't know,, 20 or 15 to make sure I am only representing movies that I actually like a whole lot or go ahead and do 25 and maybe have some on there that would be nowhere near my list in a few years when I've seen way more films. I probably should have spent more time watching movies specifically for this, but I have way less time than I used to.