Terminator 1 or 2, which one did you like the best?

Tools    

Terminator 1 or 2, which one did you like the best?
53.33%
32 votes
Terminator
46.67%
28 votes
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
60 votes. You may not vote on this poll

T1 does NOT have a 10-year-old edgelord as a main character. Ergo, it is superior.

(I've seen both films a grand total of once each, so don't mind me)
You have to see T2 at least T Twice

*brief moment of contemplation*

Phew! For a second I was worried that being wrong might frighten me away from one of my wonderfully scrumptious opinions.

*Laughs diabolically*

*Abruptly falls into stony silence as any memory of Twins comes into focus*

Nope. Still hate it.
But one's big and the other is little. What's not to love?

In regards to True Lies, after giving it some thought, I realize I would definitely put it above T2. I'll give it that.

This is both my honest opinion, as well as a purposely calibrated way for my opinions on this to become even more annoying for MKS
I'm fine with someone realizing they think True Lies and T2 are Cameron's top films.

But one's big and the other is little. What's not to love?
The other is also a fat slob who like to smoke and sex!

*cue the generic boomer boogie woogie*

And lest we not forget the late Kelly Preston teaching the big one the ways of love. Rest in peace.

1. T1 or T2---For its big budget nuclear winter scene and the tiniest of gestures, I'll give Terminator 2 the edge. Terminator is a pretty solid, lean, mean thriller though.
2. GF1 or GF2---I need to give Godfather 2 a rewatch. But Godfather is like a delectable cannoli at your favorite Italian restaurant.
3. Die Hard or With a Vengeance---I'm confident that Die Hard remains something that holds up well even with its missteps (Mr and Mr. Johnson). Vengeance is the best of the sequels, but a far cry from the original.
4. Alien or Aliens---It's like trying to determine which child is better looking. Let's go with Alien which has that one scene, for now. But tomorrow, it could be Aliens. It's that close.
5. Raging Bull or Rocky---Raging Bull is a well-done brutal boxing movie. Based loosely on a real life story, Rocky is a well-done feel good boxing movie. I'm going with Rocky.
6. Tatsuya Nakadai vs Toshirō Mifune---May have to abstain since I haven't seen anything Nakadai has done, but considering the amount of life Toshiro Mifune brought to The Seven Samurai, he's got his work cut out.
7. For a Few Dollars More vs A Fistful of Dollars---Fistful of Dollars for that interesting score and bringing in Lee Van Cleef. The film felt more fresh as well.
8. Ennio Morricone vs John Williams---John Williams had a good run from the mid 1970s to the late 1990s, but Ennio Morricone had been doing strong work until his death earlier this year.
9. Newman vs Redford---Robert Redford is a solid actor who can offer gravitas (Captain America: The Winter Soldier), charisma (Our Souls at Night) or goofiness (Barefoot in the Park). Yet, I think there's something about Paul Newman that just rises above.

Are we forgetting the scene where they zip up their pants in unison? Maybe they're not so different after all...

****, those were supposed to be side-by-side, like in the poster and the scene.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Is the Tone to T1 really any darker though? It seems both are equally dark pretty much, at least to me.

My Darth Star is in for a service
Both T1 and T2 are in my favourites list but T2 edges it for me because of the quality of the sound, it gives my set up a real workout.

Hasta La Vista Babies.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
T2 also has a better score and better cinematography perhaps as well.

Welcome to the human race...
Is the Tone to T1 really any darker though? It seems both are equally dark pretty much, at least to me.
Yes. Compare the T-800's introduction in both films, for example. In the first, he ruthlessly murders two punks while foreboding music plays in the background. In the second, he non-fatally incapacitates a bunch of bikers and then proceeds to walk out of the bar to the sound of "Bad to the Bone" before stealing a guy's sunglasses for no justifiable reason (whereas the only reason he wore them at all in the first film was to cover up a damaged eye). Taking a scary villain and changing him into the badass hero does make for a lighter film, especially when he's replacing a comparatively vulnerable and grounded human hero like Kyle Reese. Add in factors like buddy-comedy banter with a young John Connor, Sarah Connor being upgraded into a capable action hero in her own right, and an optimistic ending and I'd say that the original is the darker film.