Better Call Saul...whatcha think?

Tools    

Good episode again - one thing confused me - when Saul was being abducted by Walt he shouts 'Did Lalo send you'?

Why did he say that? Isn't Lalo log dead at this point?

Is it because he is still not certain Lalo is dead?
Does he say this in the Breaking Bad episode that this originally featured in?
Yea. If you watch the episode he is introduced in BB in that scene they put him in front of the grave he says "It was Ignacio, did Lalo send you?" It was a throw away line that when they got BCS green light spawned two amazing characters.

MASSIVE SPOILERS DOWN FROM HERE:
Well I am assuming you are caught up. So when they invaded Lalo's home compounded down in Mexico and killed all his people he got out. Mike told Jimmy he was dead. He assumed so. When Mike found out he wasn't Mike told Kim he was alive. Kim didn't tell Jimmy. So when Lalo showed back up and killed Howard Jimmy was scared.

After Gus killed Lalo and Mike was cleaning up in Kim and Jimmy's apartment he never actually said Lalo was dead to them, he just said he will not come back. They went out of their way for that scene, so Jimmy/Saul just assumes Lalo isn't dead again. He doesn't know for sure in that Walt and Jesse scene. Amazing attention to detail by the writers.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Yep. Yep. Yep.

I'm really liking these last few episodes. I was hoping they'd finally bring Kim back and they did. That scene on the airport shuttle alone should win Seehorn an Emmy.

And how awesome is it that they not only bring Carol Burnett on but have her
WARNING: spoilers below
be the one that brings Jimmy down?

Staggeringly good episode.

I don’t think Kim and Jimmy are getting a happy ending anymore

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The tension was unbearable with both the home invasion and the last scene, I thought he was gonna go past the point of no return.

Yep. Yep. Yep.

I'm really liking these last few episodes. I was hoping they'd finally bring Kim back and they did. That scene on the airport shuttle alone should win Seehorn an Emmy.

And how awesome is it that they not only bring Carol Burnett on but have her
be the one that brings Jimmy down?
Did you notice the airlines pictured when she was standing at the airport. Frontier and Alaska...and who did she bump into this episode? Just next level stuff.

I honestly do not know how they keep topping each episode but they do. I have no idea how this ends up but God damn it can I not wait until monday.

That was awesome. I don't often get emotional in this show or Breaking Bad
Geez dude, are you made of stone or something?

:P

Geez dude, are you made of stone or something?

:P
I don't think Breaking Bad is a particularly emotional world. It's more of a 'woaaaaaah wtf world'. I get pretty teary in most of the films I watch. It was just an exceptional moment of heartbreak to see Kim break down like that on the bus. I don't think there has been an outpouring of emotion from a character like that in the world.

Indeed. That bus scene. Jesus Christ.

SPOILERS FOLLOWING:
Also, I know many are respecting Seehorn and all, but there was also quite a few who didn't like her in the show. And I can't for the live of me understand. I think her arc is great and after she's been gone now that she was back in this episode, it really gave Saul/his world that counterbalance again, which I loved. And she is absolutely amazing. Her acting throughout this show man. So, so good.

And it was also cool to see Saul/Jimmy/Gene really being pushed to the limit. Really becoming even more pathetic. I just hope they don't chicken out and actually end this show the way it should. Let's hope they stick that landing.

I thought for sure we were gonna end up cutting to Kim doing something equivalent to brain Fight Club, some kind of exercise she does to tolerate her much simpler existence, but maybe it's more interesting that she didn't. Maybe they showed enough with all the model numbers and stuff to show that she found a low-key job that nevertheless involves a lot of detail work in a way that keeps her keen mind satiated.

I thought for sure we were gonna end up cutting to Kim doing something equivalent to brain Fight Club, some kind of exercise she does to tolerate her much simpler existence, but maybe it's more interesting that she didn't. Maybe they showed enough with all the model numbers and stuff to show that she found a low-key job that nevertheless involves a lot of detail work in a way that keeps her keen mind satiated.
That first 10 minutes of Kim's life - gah! I nearly quit my job and ran away with the circus it was so painstakingly brilliantly boring.

In retrospect maybe they didn't show her having some kind of release activity specifically so we'd buy her move to finally go and confess. It felt true and right, though.

I'm pretty much in agreement with everyone, and since I have nothing to add, I'll share this:

HA! I like that "Florida Man" tag.

I don't think Breaking Bad is a particularly emotional world. It's more of a 'woaaaaaah wtf world'. I get pretty teary in most of the films I watch. It was just an exceptional moment of heartbreak to see Kim break down like that on the bus. I don't think there has been an outpouring of emotion from a character like that in the world.
You kidding me? I mean, I have an extremely hard time thinking of any show with a scene that comes close to the emotion in this scene, let along matches it:

That first 10 minutes of Kim's life - gah! I nearly quit my job and ran away with the circus it was so painstakingly brilliantly boring.
lol it's scary how accurately they got Florida right in that 15 minutes. Right down to FSU vs UF.

You kidding me? I mean, I have an extremely hard time thinking of any show with a scene that comes close to the emotion in this scene, let along matches it:

What can I say? That scene is hard hitting but it didn't make me shed a tear. Kim did. Maybe it's the difference in character arcs.