Legend of Zelda movie

Tools    

i think its a good idea.

i think they should animate it though. in anime style like Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

no way dude that movie sucked. that's why it wasn't released in theaters. it destroyed the FFVII game. the action was pretty intense, but the storyline was incredibly weak and it had a lack of direction. plus anime style for a Zelda movie would screw the franchise over.

"Swear to me!"--Batman

Batman Begins

So why is this thread totally dead? It hasn't been active since december 21st. Why won't anybody talk and discuss it? Im creating a website for a zelda movie if anyone is interested in checking it out. Ill post the link later

A system of cells interlinked
This thread, you mean? This board is certainly not dead... Much activity each day.

As for the thread... who knows. I would think that , because this is a niche market film, that the interest will pretty fairly low for this project. Same thing happened with the Final Fantasy stuff... Not something the general public gets hyped about, really. Of course, fans of the games with be rabid over this thing...

wow!!!
i been thinking that Zelda should be made into a movie and today i saw the post 4 it

i hope that it is live action
and i'm trying to think of ppl that i think would be good( Link is pretty difficult)

I would ctually e waiting for this movie just cause the games were good.

i just got this idea when my cousin was watching my other cousin play Twilight Princess and said watching him play was like watching a movie cuz he knows what hes doing all the time

but mostly bcuz i found this the most emotional of all Zelda games and would make the best movie (i think)

i just got this idea when my cousin was watching my other cousin play Twilight Princess and said watching him play was like watching a movie cuz he knows what hes doing all the time

but mostly bcuz i found this the most emotional of all Zelda games and would make the best movie (i think)
I agree.

I know somebody who would have been perfect to play Link; only he's dead. His name is River Phoenix.

But he died of a drug overdose. What a waste.

LMAO!!
Just saying. Anyway, he's gone so I guess it doesn't matter. But I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Were he alive, I think River would be perfect. I always imagine the actor for Link to look somewhat severe, because he always seems like that in the game. Or serious, for lack of a better word.

But....since he is gone, he couldn't be Link. My opinion is that Link should be played by an unknown. There's likely SOMEBODY out there who's a decent actor and could be the part. Most of the actors in LOTR were unknowns, or if not unknown, then they had just gotten their big break.

Same goes with the rest of the characters. I think using any big-time celebrities like Orlando would ruin the image. Unless of course, there is a well known actor who would greatly fit the part(Johnny Depp, perhaps?).

yea but johnny depp for what part? I don't quite follow...

anyways, i think that link HAS to be an unknown(both young and old) just so we can bring a fresh face to the role and so viewers won't be distracted by a well known celebrity's reputation and stardom. But I think that Zelda and Ganondorf and many of the others, depending on the amount of importance of the characters in the script, they should be played by "known" but maybe not "well known" actors. And I know you'll say well "known" is "well known" but its not because i found someone for ganondorf and I found him only recently in a small tv show...so thats my thoughts.
And about the river phoenix idea...no point discussing that as he's not around anymore and talking about it would only be pointless drivel. though i will say true.. his looks resemble Link, but thats it.

i think its a real good idea ! Link was my first game hero ! see him fight big scary monsters and skulls on the big screen... that would be great !

ad videos motion design

i love Link, hes so awesome!!!!!!!

i dont know why i like him so much!!!

yea but johnny depp for what part? I don't quite follow...
Well I'm not quite sure...but I think he'd be a really good supporting actor in this particular film.

But I think that Zelda and Ganondorf and many of the others, depending on the amount of importance of the characters in the script, they should be played by "known" but maybe not "well known" actors. And I know you'll say well "known" is "well known" but its not because i found someone for ganondorf and I found him only recently in a small tv show...so thats my thoughts.
I know what you're saying. As long as the actors are talented and are suited to their parts, it really doesn't matter how "well known" they are. Even though I would not like to see major celebrities in this movie, I think people who are relatively well-known would be just fine. Ralph Fiennes is an excellent villain. He may not make a good Ganondorf, since he looks nothing like him, but he could definitely be an equally badass guy Link would have to fight at some point. Zant, perhaps??

And who is the one you would like to see as Ganondorf? I'm curious.

i love Link, hes so awesome!!!!!!!

i dont know why i like him so much!!!
Because he's Link, that's why!

I wouldn't be half as interested in Zelda if it wasn't for Link. He's my hero!

lol i am so disapointed i thought there was really a zelda movie in the works. well at least they are doing a prince of persia

Hmm, well there IS an independent Zelda movie being made, although production on that seems to be on hiatus or something. And it looks a little...cheesy to be. But then again, it's not exactly a big budget film.

it should be done

with all the special effects we have today......

is this true??! I hope they do Final Fantasy too!! not another CG film but a real movie haha that would also be cool!!