Legend of Zelda movie

Tools    

Dont Mess With The BFG
i mean movies based on games hehe

I myself am also a Zelda fan, but lets be honest here... they will never make that movie an epic like LOTR. It doesn't matter who directs this film, they would never get that kind of budget for it and we all know the Industry loves money.

Also, the demographic age that appeals to a movie of this nature would definitely be a younger crowd. We all grew up with Link and so do the kids of today, but age ranges 27+ did not... The game has a larger affect on today's kids as well, being there's more games. So waiting a few more years might be a positive thing. The movie will definitely hit a larger crowd and become a "higher concept".

The idea for this movie is good. Unfortunatly the reality of the Industry is bad.

- BOT

Originally Posted by James_Bond
It would be cool if they made a Zelda movie no matter what the cast is. Just as long as they do it right. Recent movies based on video games have sucked. If you see the House of the Dead you will know what I mean.
House of the dead was probably the worst movie I have ever seen. Ever. The same guy directed "Alone in the Dark". Need I say more.

District B13
Originally Posted by BetterOffThread
House of the dead was probably the worst movie I have ever seen. Ever. The same guy directed "Alone in the Dark". Need I say more.
Yes Yes, Uwe Boll is the problem. He has an investment in nazi gold which allows him to get big name actors as well as big name titles.

He does not enhance/enrich or do anything but ruin movies. He is one of those people who would be better off strangled at birth.

I would LOVE to see this movie. But I fear it getting done poorly far too much. I think They should wait a little and then attempt it. Just too soon after LOTR.

Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
Yes Yes, Uwe Boll is the problem. He has an investment in nazi gold which allows him to get big name actors as well as big name titles.

He does not enhance/enrich or do anything but ruin movies. He is one of those people who would be better off strangled at birth.
I couldn't agree more...

Hyrule is my home
There is already someone at www.ganonstower.com working on a movie. I belive it is Joe. He hasn't submitted to Nintendo though. He is working on an animated movie. I think it is good that it is animated because it would be unusual to have the game animated and then the movie be with actors and actresses.

I checked out the ganonstower.com site that the previous person posted and I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed with it.(the animated movie section, i mean)
if you haven't visited the site, you can go to it here:
Click here for Joe Morriss Movie in Progress Page

The graphics look decent enough in the progress page...and the pictures that joe makes exclusively for the site, are good but i thought the animation was dissapointing...

you can see for yourself and download that short animation clip of link running through a temple, at the bottom of the page.

-----
also, there has been a legend of zelda independent movie trailer made. it's called "Hero of Time"
you can watch it here:
Click here for Trailer

words can't really describe what i thought of it....certainly not what i expected a legend of zelda movie to be like. the music choice is ok i guess and the mood conveyed for the trailer is appropriately depicted i suppose. but everything else was just wrong wrong wrong! and dissapointing in my opinion, most notably the actors and costumes, as well as the blatantly cheesy special effects

... But kind of makes ya wonder where Link would be carrying all the wepons. Unless it's like a spell where he can make the weapons small and fit them in a little pocket and by the time he takes them out they go back to normal size lol. BUT ... it would definetly be a great movie.

I would think (Keanu Keeves) would make a great Link ... CAUSE ... he did a great job on the Matrix and also cause he's fit for the clothing. But if it was to be young Link then I don't know lmao.

Princess Zelda would have to be Lauren Graham cause she's so hot ... or any hot actress lol UH UH UH or Katie Holmes (but I'm guessing it would have to be a tough chick though)

The bad guy would have to be that dude that was on the trasporter ... Jason Statham? ... he'll make a bad ass mean guy lol.

Well just my little thoughts about it ...

P.S. Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time rule and soon ... The Princess Twilight.

Also I went to that site http://www.ganonstower.com/movieprogress.shtml and well honestly ... they could've done better for the cartoon thing ... I want to see a real movie not animation ... and if it was to be animation I would rather for it to be more of an Anime thing ... ya know ... with the blood and the muscles and all that crap lol

dj t rex: i hope you're joking about everything you said in your post.
im not sure who lauren graham is(and your first initiative in casting people shouldn't particularly be for the "hotness" factor), but keanu reeves as link? ok, just because he was successful at playing the role of neo in the matrix films.. doesn't mean he'll be just as good for Link or any other role for that matter. Link and Neo are on two different frequency levels, k. so no keanu reeves dude. and can anyone imagine keanu reeves with blonde hair? (unless you were going more old school with the brown hair..)but still. keanu reeves?
and i just didn't get a scary vibe from jason statham in cellular. so if he couldn't manage to come off as scary in that film, i doubt he'll be able to pull off a role like ganondorf, succesfully.

and im glad you you share the same feeling i have for the cartoon movie they're developing over at ganonstower.com. Except, i don't really read you fully for the whole "anime" thing. Not really my taste...it's interesting to watch...but i personaly think would be bad for something like Legend of Zelda.

just my opinions on your post, dj t rex

omg, I just watched that hero of time one.. And inside. I truly died. Here's the kicker go to the FAQ's section and read those. They say this travesty is going to be like 2 hours long and that its the same team thats working on the Halo movie.. This gravey saddens me

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man
omg, I just watched that hero of time one.. And inside. I truly died. Here's the kicker go to the FAQ's section and read those. They say this travesty is going to be like 2 hours long and that its the same team thats working on the Halo movie.. This gravey saddens me
..first of all, who told you that? where'd you read that? i just reread the whole FAQ session on that site, and nowhere, does it mention that the company is also doing the effects nor do they have any affiliation with the production of the Halo movie.
So, your comment cannot be true. There is no way that a couple of novice filmmakers would be allowed to work on a big hollywood adaption of a popular-selling video game.

Personally, i'm not really looking forward to this production of the zelda movie. i think, honestly, if it can't be made to the best possible way it can be made via hollywood, then I don't think it should be attempted to be made. just my opinion. i'm not saying hollywood is the only possible outlet to make a great movie, there may be more out there, but this BMB company doesn't look very promising. =/ i'll still check out the movie in the fall when they post it or something, but i doubt i'll be very much impressed.

Calling me a liar eh bitch! well heres the quote.

"We all have full time jobs, and it’s hard to juggle the Zelda movie, Halo, and work."

Well I was just saying that Keanu (If you were expecting and answer from your comment) would fit perfect cause he's very skinny and well Link is as skinny as he is unless you know of some other actor that is as skinny as Keanu. Also his hair would have to be brown or somewhat like that and not blonde cause honestly ... who wants to see a very blonde dude as a hero? Wouldn't that look gay? Just saying ya know? ... and second ... Well Zelda has to be a hottie and not just some random hick chick lol. But I'm guessing Katie Holmes would have to be it cause she has that cute doll face just like Princess Zelda

Oh, I found the quote now. Sorry I didn't believe you....but i still can't find that possible. gah. How could a low-budget company afford animators/special effects people who are working on the Halo movie which is alot LOT more money to make.??
Anyways, if that's the case. that's a little scary. But we'll just have to wait and see with this movie....
i think it also really depends on how experienced the director is and how well he works with the whole movie crew. Maybe this zelda director isn't very good at special effects compositing like most are.

And to get back to what dj t rex said. Keanu Reeves? I seriously cannot see him playing Link. That'd be way too weird, and honestly, he's had his time in the spotlight doing all the matrix movies. Give somebody else a chance who could probably add more to it. and what's with the skinny comment? link doesn't need to be skinny nor ripped like a weightlifter..just moderately built i guess. and how's the blonde hair gay? they already tried brown hair in the cartoon version and that didn't go over so well. why not blonde?
And katie holmes as Zelda? I dunno. She tends to speak through the side of her mouth when she acts if you haven't noticed, and i thought she was really bad in the most recent Batman film, and i gave her a chance in that movie.
She could maybe play a less important role like maybe Adult Princess Ruto.
She's got a nice face and all, but she can't play someone like major. I think she'd be wrong for it.

I always thought that Bloom was a horrible actor, but there's just a certain charm about him that makes him great...I don't know.

But he was always my first choice to play Link. Johnny Depp I couldn't see as Ganon...Arnold Vosloo would be much better and I never even thought of him before. If we get Johnny Depp in there it's basically Pirates of the Carribean set in a Medieval world.

Kiera Knightely I could always also see playing Zelda.

I think they should make a movie out of this, as long as they didn't give it a cartooney tone or hold back on the action/terror aspects of it in order to make it more family appealing. We need to see Link bleeding his guts out!!!

I think Eric Johnson, the guy who plays Whitney on Smallville, would make a great Link

"Swear to me!"--Batman

Batman Begins

No way. As much as he may look the part, i highly doubt he has what it takes. and he's too old to play old link anyway. someone new for Link or someone relatively known, but not too known yet.