Lockdown: The Positive Thread

Tools    

Another positive of the lockdown for me atm is I've been studying random stuff.

I've watched about 900 YouTube videos on dinosaurs and threw a load of study into planetary physics and astronomy again

Amazing...

Doing that space stuff I mentioned ^^

Hubble has spotted a collision in a nearby solar system.

Star Fomalhaut, 25 light years away, in Piscis Austrinus constellation... visible from Earth with the naked eye.

The star is only 200m years old. A mere blip when compared to our own Sun which is 4.6 billion years old.

Around the star, is a huge cloud of gas, dust and ice and an icy ring of dust and ice.
It's a planet forming cloud that is similar to the one that would have surrounded our Sun 4.6bya, with the ring of ice and dust similar to the Kuiper Belt that currently circles our solar system.

Fomalhaut had a known planet too: Fomalhaut-b

Until now.

In 2006, the planet Fomalhaut-b, grew massively in size and brightness... by 2013 it was a large fuzzy blob... and by 2014 it was gone.

Astronomers have put together the info captured by Hubble and have concluded that there must have been another large object in the system that collided with Fomalhaut-b, destroying both objects and returning them to clouds of dust.
The collision would have taken place in our year 1981, with the light eventually reaching us in 2006.

In the space of 200m years, a star forms, a planet forms shortly afterward, and is then destroyed. The planet taking barely 10 years to vanish.

Amazeballs.

Amazing...

Doing that space stuff I mentioned ^^

Hubble has spotted a collision in a nearby solar system.

Star Fomalhaut, 25 light years away, in Piscis Austrinus constellation... visible from Earth with the naked eye.

The star is only 200m years old. A mere blip when compared to our own Sun which is 4.6 billion years old.

Around the star, is a huge cloud of gas, dust and ice and an icy ring of dust and ice.
It's a planet forming cloud that is similar to the one that would have surrounded our Sun 4.6bya, with the ring of ice and dust similar to the Kuiper Belt that currently circles our solar system.

Fomalhaut had a known planet too: Fomalhaut-b

Until now.

In 2006, the planet Fomalhaut-b, grew massively in size and brightness... by 2013 it was a large fuzzy blob... and by 2014 it was gone.

Astronomers have put together the info captured by Hubble and have concluded that there must have been another large object in the system that collided with Fomalhaut-b, destroying both objects and returning them to clouds of dust.
The collision would have taken place in our year 1981, with the light eventually reaching us in 2006.

In the space of 200m years, a star forms, a planet forms shortly afterward, and is then destroyed. The planet taking barely 10 years to vanish.

Amazeballs.
If we think we're having a hard time here, just imagine what people on planets in this star system are going through!

Yeah they've all got body parts flying through space and we're just being asked to not buy all the bogroll.

Been about a week... mystery bulbs getting bigger and the mystery thing at the bottom right getting there now too
Not sure, but I think I planted swords.

Well, I think lockdown is teaching all of us the benefits of living a simple life. We career around from interest to interest and event to event but in the end what really matters is family and friends

In the midst of lockdown I am dreaming of eating this on a winding road in the misty mountains. When will I see the mountains again ?

My mystery bulbs and mystery plant things are getting a bit big now.

Also, the mystery bulbs, I found out they're Gladioli
They're gonna be awesome when they flower

In the midst of lockdown I am dreaming of eating this on a winding road in the misty mountains. When will I see the mountains again ?

My mum was kind enough to make them after rains last week. Also made 'Capsicum Bhajji' along with the onion ones.

I am missing Vada Pav though. Haven't had one for three months now.

Anyways, hope you are doing well.

Ian Tree about 3 months ago or so:

Ian Tree about 10 minutes ago:

------

Bonsai about 7 or 8 years ago:

I had to chop her back about 3 months back, and thought I'd killed her because the new growth didn't start.

This was 5 days ago.

This is about 10 minutes ago.

She's exploding! Already had to trim it again and cut a lot of the new growth, and had to wire the new stuff as well already as it's growing way too quickly.
Not bad for something that almost died 3 months ago.
Bonsai almost died about 5 years back as well when we had a bad winter.
That's one tough old tree

Ian Tree about 3 months ago or so:
Awwwwww, so cute that you gave the tree a name

I just had to check over the thread. Thought I'd said why I called it Ian.

The mystery tree... sprouted from an old root system.
I initially thought it was an acer cutting had latched onto the system and sprouted, so I called it Ian after Ian Malcolm "Life found a way"

Still no idea what the thing is though.
Pretty sure it's a fruit tree of some kind going by the leaves and how they've changed shape as the tree has gotten bigger.
Either apple, cherry or plum. Time will tell.

Go Ian! Go Ian!! Go Ian!!!
#teamiandotcom

Oh this one isn't Ian
Pffffttttttt

#teamunknowndotcom #feckiandotcom