Best Surprise Endings?

Tools    

I thought he was pretty good in Twilight too. I know people hate it but I thought it was a decent film. Haven't seen the rest yet.

I was surprised with the ending of David Fincher's FIGHT CLUB

I thought he was pretty good in Twilight too. I know people hate it but I thought it was a decent film. Haven't seen the rest yet.
Read the books if you haven't already, I'm assuming you haven't though seeing as you like those films lol.

- The Sixth Sense
- The Others
- Fight Club
- The Village
- Runaway Jury
- The Prestige
- The Number 23

Welcome to the human race...
I saw this thread and thought more of endings that genuinely came as a surprise rather than mere "last-minute plot twist" endings. Case in point - No Country for Old Men had such a surprise ending I watched the entire credits roll wondering if that was really it.

Primal Fear, The Usual Suspects, Fight Club, etc

Deadite is making me upset.

Haven't gone through the whole thread but has anyone mentioned Psycho or any Hitchcock movies? It's a shame people think of M. Night as the surprise ending guy when Hitch was the master. Also, there's a difference in a twist ending and surprise ending. M. Night twists everything you thought you knew about the story / characters at the last second while Hitchcock is more well thought out and leads you where he intends.

For example, an M. Night movie could be written without a twist in mind and then on the last day of shooting it could be implemented (twist). Hitchcock's movies have to be planned out from day one for all the pieces to come together (surprise).

Anyway, Planet of the Apes rules all.

Movie Forums Extra
I didn't love the village, but it gets my vote. That ending totally got me.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Identity had a cool twist, I thought.
Yes, Identity deffinatly had a very suprising twist of a ending, and I know this isn't a movie but there's a Twilight Zone episode called To Serve Man, I think that was the title of the episode, and that has a awesome twist at the end.

Umm, I was told there would be no math...
Deadite is making me upset.

Haven't gone through the whole thread but has anyone mentioned Psycho or any Hitchcock movies? It's a shame people think of M. Night as the surprise ending guy when Hitch was the master. Also, there's a difference in a twist ending and surprise ending. M. Night twists everything you thought you knew about the story / characters at the last second while Hitchcock is more well thought out and leads you where he intends.

For example, an M. Night movie could be written without a twist in mind and then on the last day of shooting it could be implemented (twist). Hitchcock's movies have to be planned out from day one for all the pieces to come together (surprise).

Anyway, Planet of the Apes rules all.
Planet of the Apes always gets my vote too. I can still kinda remember the first time I saw it as a kid and the ending hadn't been spoiled for me yet. Totally blew my mind.

Made it interesting to go back and watch the scene where Heston is looking at the maps of the Forbidden Zone with Cornelius. You can see a very distorted view of Manhattan and Long Island drawn there. Nothing you'd catch without knowing the ending, but pretty interesting nonetheless!

its got to be the sixth sense i love that movie

The Illusionist

Those of you who have seen it will know what i'm talking about.