Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

“I was cured, all right!”

★★★★★
Great movie. I watch at least once per year.

★★★★★
Another classic, one of my favorites films.
I watch every year˛ — this was the first time watching the blu-ray version!
The remastered audio is pure beauty!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Overlord -

guy who plays the corporal gives me a Kurt Russell vibe for some reason
Sometimes I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
I would think that it was pretty obvious in this instance.

Tokyo Godfathers -

trying to decide if this counts as a Christmas movie even though it seems like the bulk of the movie takes place over the following week

The Favourite

This was so good, and it's going to be a major awards threat. I'm a little surprised at the category classification of the actresses because it's really an ensemble and they should either all be supporting or leads. Also a little disappointed we couldn't get Hugh Grant to play the duke of Marlborough so we could have a full About a Boy reunion.

Basically it's a dark comedy about court in Queen Anne's reign. Anne is a sad figure crippled with gout and being heavily influenced by the Tory's and Whigs living with her childhood friend (Rachel Weitz). When Rachel's cousin comes along looking for work she steadily climbs the ladder in court till she becomes a rival of Churchill.

This is peak Emma Stone which is a shock for me because I've never really been sold on her. The film is as beautiful as a Yorgo Lathimos film typically is but it's also hilarious and fairly grounded. Their is a twist in the second act that completely turns the story

This is peak Emma Stone
I know, right? I thought all three were equally great and as a trio stole the show, but Emma Stone especially seemed to be having fun with her role.

What are the odds that they'll split the Supporting Actress vote and it'll go to Amy Adams or some sh*t?
Would definitely be a big snub if all three weren't nominated, but an even bigger snub if none of them were nominated (unlikely, especially for Colman). That said I wouldn't put it past the Oscars to be stupid about it.

What are the odds that they'll split the Supporting Actress vote and it'll go to Amy Adams or some sh*t?

Pretty high as they are both Oscar winners and Amy would be on her sixth nom.

What we could end up seeing is, if the Academy doesn't want to give Cooper three Oscars Lanthimos might get the director win.

But it's likely going to go to Regina King for If Beale Street Could Talk

I usually don’t watch movies that relate to strife in Ireland, whether it be the fighting among themselves or conflicts with the British. But this movie is rather good. Excellent acting from everyone involved, especially the lead actor of whom I have never heard.

When my Netflix dvd arrived, my heart sank when I saw it was a Woody Allen movie. Haven’t finished a movie of his for years. But Joaquin Phoenix & Emma Stone were so good I did finish the movie. Daft story really, but I enjoyed it.

When my Netflix dvd arrived, my heart sank when I saw it was a Woody Allen movie. Haven’t finished a movie of his for years. But Joaquin Phoenix & Emma Stone were so good I did finish the movie. Daft story really, but I enjoyed it.[/quote]

So glad you liked Irrational Man. I really liked it too.

Di je Karlo?
There's a bunch of movies I haven't gotten around to talking about here so I'll do them all at once.

Yojimbo(1961) - 76/100 - An actual badass protag! And in a japanese movie, no less! No joke, I was legitimately surprised.

Rush(2013) - 93/100 - Just a slamdunk in every aspect.

Drive(2011) - 88/100 - A decent story told in top-notch style. Ryan Gosling fits the protag perfectly.

Fantasia(1940) - 70/100 - Bits were fascinating, bits were mediocre, bits were too sappy, but that bit with the soundtrack was genius.

Leviathan(2014) - 82/100 - It has its dull parts but it's very honest and human, and I respect that.

The Zero Theorem(2015) - 65/100 - Not a good movie as much as an interesting one. Give it a shot but I wouldn't blame you if you hated it.

Pan's Labyrinth (2006)

+

My 3rd watch, and 2nd in the last few months. I got it because my wife hadn't seen it. One of my favorites of a genre I don't care for much(fantasy). I'm sure it's because it's dark and violent. Great villain and Mercedes is a badass.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

The entire English dub is on YouTube (it's managed to stay for two years because of the random name the uploader used), so I decided to go ahead and watch it, especially since I'm already a big fan of Trigun to begin with. It doesn't disappoint. There are lots of laughs to be had and the whizz-bang action never fails to excite; like the series it follows up, it doesn't take itself too seriously. Johnny Yong Bosch is, as he was in the series, excellent as Vash the Stampede, the man with a huge bounty on his head who is constantly blamed for things that aren't his fault. Yong Bosch plays the Humanoid Typhoon exactly as he did in the series, the character fitting him like a glove he never took off. All the rest are great, too, even the new guy who does Wolfwood this time around. What's really surprising here, though, is newcomers Luci Christian and Trina Nishimura as the insurance girls, Meryl Strife and Milly Thompson in that they sound just like Dorothy Elias-Fahn and Lia Sargent who dubbed them in the series. Seriously, I didn't even know they were new until I read the credits. Overall, a whole lot of fun and I will certainly be coming back to it in the future. Later, guys.

The Mule (2018)

I'm not old enough to appreciate Clint Eastwood's best years, but I've still enjoyed his movies in the past decade or so. This one was no different, where I was thoroughly entertained. Nothing spectacular stood out, but there were good elements of humor and storytelling throughout. It's shocking this guy can still act and direct at almost 90....

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
The Mule (2018)

I'm not old enough to appreciate Clint Eastwood's best years, but I've still enjoyed his movies in the past decade or so. This one was no different, where I was thoroughly entertained. Nothing spectacular stood out, but there were good elements of humor and storytelling throughout. It's shocking this guy can still act and direct at almost 90....
He’s a special talent, I watched the original Dirty Harry recently and it was still a great watch. Good on him.