Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
I like Elf, I just never got the LOVE for it.
People love Christmas and people love Will Ferrell so it stands to reason that putting them together is very likely to result in something people love.

Ant-Man & The Wasp
6.5 out of 10.

Entertaining yet shallow. If they want to make Ant-Man a franchise and have another movie they need to get a great villain. Theres got to be plenty of actors that could play Egghead.

First Reformed hoping for one movie got another. shocked to see this on so many best of year lists.

I thought it was very good.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I Only Want You to Love Me - 7.5/10
I guess I only saw the first half a few year ago; must have got sick from the consumer fetishism. But I liked it today after I was reading old IMDB individual movie threads on "The Forest For The Trees" and someone said this movie was similar, and I had just gotten it, so with a handful to choose from, I went with this. Would have preferred a linear chronology.

Snooze factor rating = Z

Snooze factor rating = Zzzzz

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

“I was cured, all right!”

★★
Very interesting idea, with cool style and visuals — lots of repetition, dull dialogues, vague characters, the voice-over sucks, lots of misplaced scenes, bad acted (not James Franco, he was good).

The only thing that saved this from being a complete abomination was Michael B. Jordan character.

Weird is relative.

The Wild Boys (2018)

From the moment it began until it ended+ I was spellbound. Magical, harsh, profane and profound. A nebulous journey that made me feel like I was high while I was being immersed into the phantasmagorical reality of the characters.

I almost want to re-watch it soon, but at the same time I don't want to ever view it again, so it can remain an ephemeral, quixotic, dream-like experience.

+ There is a very brief scene after the credits.

FIRST MAN
(2018)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Was a complete barge the last couple days. No work, 35 degrees and rain. Still trying to get some feeling back into the legs.

When I heard that this was shot for 60 grand in six days I was expecting an Ed Wood type production. Now it's not very good film but it isn't quite up to Woods' standards. The wooden acting creates a few chuckles and there's a song and dance number about halfway through that is awfully good. As for the story it's pretty familiar - Dr. Frank "don't call me Frankenstein" creates monster - monster bad - destroy monster. At least it wasn't terribly boring.

Of all the Marvel movies I think the Ant Man films are the most fun. I love the miniature fight scenes especially when they pull back to show all the destruction. Rudds dopiness gets annoying at times but The ExCon guys, especially Michael Peña, crack me up. Goofy-fun

I don't usually watch X rated movies (BFBC) but I usually don't come across X rated movies in the Jungles streaming library. Not wanting to be a prude I decided to give it a go. Like the poster says it borrows heavily from the first half of A Clockwork Orange right down to the costumes. So a bunch of Dr.'s decide to treat four mental patients with some Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (must've been the brown batch - bad idea), naturally they escape, proceed to go bonkers and terrorize a group of schoolgirls boarding in the countryside. It's actually a pretty grimy, icky film and not very enjoyable. Features a young Lisa Vanderpump. I have no idea who she is but was told by someone who has terrible taste in TV that she's a Real Housewife.

I have been wanting to see this for a long time but didn't want to see it on a tiny tv screen. Now that our "movie room" is finished enough to use I finally got around to this plus I needed to cleanse myself after Killer's Moon. Not much to say that hasn't already been said. It's one of the great films of the Golden Era. Chariot race lived up to the hype and overall it's a very, very good film. If you have 3.5 hours laying around I highly recommend this.

Three Identical Strangers (2018)

If you haven't yet seen Three Identical Strangers documentary (RAW Productions - 2018), you're in for a treat. The initial story concerns 3 identical twins, separated at birth in New York and adopted by different families, who find each other completely by accident when they were aged 19. The initial story details their amazing reunion and the tremendous international publicity which followed.

That's interesting enough, but then the tale takes several dark turns, which moves the narrative from a simple amazing feel-good piece into areas that are stunning and thought provoking. There is plenty of archival footage along with interviews with all parties involved.

It has gotten to where the percentage of good documentaries to poor ones is at an exponentially higher ratio than in fictional films. "Strangers" is a great example. It's reportedly available on Hulu, from libraries, and of course by DVD purchase. It's also on the streaming services. CNN TV was one of the distributors, so perhaps they'll be showing it as well.

Doc's rating: 8/10

Calibre (2018)

Good low-budget thriller with a lot of "Taggart" actors to see (in-joke for the Scots here), overall its pretty predictable. I was just glad to not see a "Its all a stag do!" type reveal. I found it competent but it never got the tension up to where I was desperate to find the outcome. 5/10.

SHOT CALLER (2017) RIC ROMAN WAUGH

This is a movie about the transformation of a family man into a stone cold prison gangster. Jacob Harlon, a sock broker with a wife and son is arrested for a deadly DUI car accident. His sentenced and incarcerated in Chino with the "big boys" where he had to welcome the worst in him to survive.

This is without any questions, one of the best, not one, the best prison movie I've ever saw. At first you think you got the movie all figured out, but the story telling and cast performance, especially Nikolaj Coaster-Waldau that changed dramatically his persona to make this movie, which is actually the point of the movie itself make you want to watch it all. This might be one of the most realistic perspectives of the United States correctional facilities, and that caught people attention.