Horror Hall of Fame II

Tools    

I won't be participating in the countdown...I can't just go through all the horror I have seen and pick a top 25. Hell my top 5 English speaking films are actually 6 films because 2 films hold my #1.
I'm not joining but if you can't pick a horror movie, can I suggest a horror for you to nominate?

You're one of the biggest horror fans on the site. It would be a sin if you didn't.
Maybe a big horror fan but again.. I cant think of every horror I have seen and figure out which is better than the other.. Im sure I would forget some that are great!

I'm not joining but if you can't pick a horror movie, can I suggest a horror for you to nominate?
Yeah I picked one already ... and I'm sure you wouldn't watch it.. but that's ok!

Maybe a big horror fan but again.. I cant think of every horror I have seen and figure out which is better than the other.. Im sure I would forget some that are great!
Do your best

Im sure I would forget some that are great!
Yeah, probably. But we all do that. How many posts have you seen in a countdown where someone posts "Oh God, I completely forgot about that!" You won't be perfect, none of us are. It's ok though.

Less than a day to send nominations (like 15 - 16 hours or until I wake up tomorrow, whichever comes later). At the moment we only have 9 participants so if anyone is still considering there's plenty of room

When's the grand reveal?
I don't know. Do people prefer a fixed time (preferably a bit later so that more people are online) or should I just make the reveal right now and let everyone comment when they come around?

Unregistered User
I don't know. Do people prefer a fixed time (preferably a bit later so that more people are online) or should I just make the reveal right now and let everyone comment when they come around?

I was just being impatient as I cant wait to see what everyone has picked.
Being selfish, I would say make the reveal now but no sweat if you would rather make an arranged time.

I was just being impatient as I cant wait to see what everyone has picked.
Being selfish, I would say make the reveal now but no sweat if you would rather make an arranged time.
Personally I've never got what's so grand about the reveals Just wondering what people in general want. I'd rather just post them up now, actually. Maybe I just do it now. Then it's done and no need to sweat about timezones and punctuality.

And my personal initial comments about the nominations.

I have already reviewed in very recent history three of the films. The Amityville Horror I don't like and it was just barely above bad. Ginger Snaps is excellent and is potential top-10 horror film for me. My own nomination Pulse is also excellent and very likely top-10 horror as well. I'll use my previous reviews for these.

It's been about six months since I saw Deep Red and I was planning to just use my old review but after rewatching The Descent yesterday I realized I need to see that one again to be able to put them in order. Both are good films. Other films needing a rewatch are eXistenZ (last watch was about a year ago and I consider it one of the weaker Cronenbergs) and The Autopsy of Jane Doe (saw it when it was new and remember it hovering somewhere between OK and good).

I haven't seen Hour of the Wolf but I've been planning to see more Bergman so it'll be a good start on that. Macabre is completely unknown film to me so there's at least one surprise for me.

Happy to rewatch Hour of the Wolf, and Existenz two films I didn't care for when I saw them but I knew they were worth a revisit. I saw Pulse for one of the Halloween countdowns I think I needed three tries because it kept putting me to sleep

Autopsy of Jane Doe and Ginger Snaps are both pretty good, happy to watch them again.

I own Amityville Horror, Descent, and Deep Red so those reviews will come quickly at some point.

Macabre is one new one for me but it's a cricket nom which means I'm either going to love it or hate it.

Unregistered User
Interesting mix! Never seen eXistenZ although I own the dvd but never occurred to me that it was a horror. Most looking forward to is a first watch of Macabre.
Apart from Pulse as well, I've seen the rest but don't mind watching any again.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I wouldn't of considered eXistenZ horror, but the IMDB tag strikes again.

My initial nomination was The Autopsy of Jane Doe....I guess Canadians really like that movie.

I've seen The Amityville Horror and The Descent. I'm a big fan of the latter and thought the former was decent enough. Look forward to seeing the others.

I've seen the American remake of Pulse, hope the original is better.

Suspect's Reviews

I liked Hour of the Wolf a lot when I watched it about 3 years ago.

I did not like Deep Red when I saw it a couple years ago.

It's been an eternity since I saw The Amityville Horror and I was planning on watching it again for the countdown anyway.

I saw eXistenZ but it didn't make an impression on me since I hardly remember it.

Saw Ginger Snaps once and thought it was terrific. I think I'll get the DVD so my wife can watch it.

I have not seen Pulse.

Saw The Descent a couple of times and it is excellent.

I have not seen The Autopsey of Jane Doe yet but was planning on it.

My nom, Macabre, is sort of on the same page as French new wave horror like Inside or Frontiers.