Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Onibaba (1964)

I always tell my wife that 50's and 60's Japanese cinema is amazing, but then I got a couple of DVDs I hadn't seen to show her and they turned out to be duds. I decided to be sure and get something I had already seen, and it worked because she also thought this was great. It's so unique and brilliantly showcases a whole other way of life. I think it's one of the best movies about jealousy, animalistic lust, and Karma, and it has one of my favorite musical scores. I was originally going to nominate it for the Horror HOF but changed it to something else, and that brings about my dilemma in regards to the upcoming horror countdown. IMDb labels it as part horror, thus making it eligible for the countdown. However, I don't think it's a horror movie so I don't think I can vote for it. Can someone convince me that it is?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I always tell my wife that 50's and 60's Japanese cinema is amazing
Well, I always tell my w̶i̶f̶e̶ mum that Japanese cinema is amazing.

I don't know how can anyone question it's a horror film! Questioning it's about hibakusha I can understand, but questioning it being a horror, oh come on, watch more Japanese horror!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Onibaba (1964)

I always tell my wife that 50's and 60's Japanese cinema is amazing, but then I got a couple of DVDs I hadn't seen to show her and they turned out to be duds. I decided to be sure and get something I had already seen, and it worked because she also thought this was great. It's so unique and brilliantly showcases a whole other way of life. I think it's one of the best movies about jealousy, animalistic lust, and Karma, and it has one of my favorite musical scores. I was originally going to nominate it for the Horror HOF but changed it to something else, and that brings about my dilemma in regards to the upcoming horror countdown. IMDb labels it as part horror, thus making it eligible for the countdown. However, I don't think it's a horror movie so I don't think I can vote for it. Can someone convince me that it is?

I just saw this a month ago.. Great movie! It was horrifying at times! IMDB considers it horror, and so do I...

World War Z (2013)

Hugely enjoyable apocalyptic thriller with Brad as the former UN guy fighting to find a way of stopping/stemming a zombie pandemic. Brad Pitt is excellent and some of the CGI (especially in the holy land) is electric. The claustrophobic scenes in the WHO centre are very well done too. 9/10

Better watch out (2016)

Superior low-budget home invasion film that gets genuinely sick at points. Loved it!! Festive too 8/10.

LEAVE NO TRACE (2018) DEBRA GRANIK

A story of a veteran with PTSD living with his 13-years-old daughter in a tent somewhere around the urban park in Portland, Oregon living in the wilderness, eating mushrooms, playing chess and reading literature. His daughter was spotted which leaded to there arrest. They are offered a house, clothing, food and a job for there inclusion in our current system.

I don't think independent movies are getting better, I just think the big budget competition is aiming at a bad thought crowd. This movie is my kind of movie, because I'm a searcher, I'm searching for something I don't have, I'm searching for whatever the opposite of bull**** is and I think this movie was near that opposite.

This began by being a very minimalistic movie, the emotional more dramatic acting were very well balanced, the relationship father and daughter taking in consideration the environment was near perfection, no arguing, full understanding, ability to share and depend one another. Most of the success comes, I think, from the ways of communication they adopted for the movie and how they captured there intimacy.

The House on Straw Hill (1976)

-

AKA Expose AKA Trauma and I believe the only British film to make the video nasties list. A writer is struggling to come up with a follow up to his smash hit out in a country house. He has these nightmares or hallucinations, I'm not sure exactly, and then hires a beautiful secretary to help him with his task. Suddenly the violence starts Omg! I thought this movie, surprisingly, was made pretty well and had decent performances. The problem, as is the case with many movies of this type, is that there's not much to watch between the good stuff. Still, it was decent enough and the last 20 minutes were very good.

London Has Fallen (Babak Najafi, 2016)

Love the nods to realism by having people reload weapons

LEAVE NO TRACE (2018) DEBRA GRANIK

A story of a veteran with PTSD living with his 13-years-old daughter in a tent somewhere around the urban park in Portland, Oregon living in the wilderness, eating mushrooms, playing chess and reading literature. His daughter was spotted which leaded to there arrest. They are offered a house, clothing, food and a job for there inclusion in our current system.

I don't think independent movies are getting better, I just think the big budget competition is aiming at a bad thought crowd. This movie is my kind of movie, because I'm a searcher, I'm searching for something I don't have, I'm searching for whatever the opposite of bull**** is and I think this movie was near that opposite.

This began by being a very minimalistic movie, the emotional more dramatic acting were very well balanced, the relationship father and daughter taking in consideration the environment was near perfection, no arguing, full understanding, ability to share and depend one another. Most of the success comes, I think, from the ways of communication they adopted for the movie and how they captured there intimacy.
I loved Leave No Trace and pretty much for the reason you said. I rated it a
. Debra Granik is a director I'm going to keep an eye on for her future work.

Second viewing -

Snooze factor rating = Z

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

I loved Leave No Trace and pretty much for the reason you said. I rated it a
. Debra Granik is a director I'm going to keep an eye on for her future work.
I'll definitively keep an eye also. I don't like to rate things, especially a movie, I liked the movie pretty much, the script is very appealing, the details were very well thought and the acting was pretty good actually. I'm searching for Winter's Bones, Down to the Bone and Stray Dog right now.

I'll definitively keep an eye also. I don't like to rate things, especially a movie, I liked the movie pretty much, the script is very appealing, the details were very well thought and the acting was pretty good actually. I'm searching for Winter's Bones, Down to the Bone and Stray Dog right now.
If you liked the minimalist, simple, indie approach check out some of Kelly Reichardt movies.

Wreck-It Ralph II

decent enough thought it dragged a bit at the end, didn't have the same emotional impact as the first one. Frankly this should have been Penelope's movie with a bigger focus on the Disney Princesses, and yes as a grown man I can admit I would watch the hell out of a Disney Princess film.

Name a more perfect film.
>pro-tip: you can't

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

That's one of the best ones.
This was the most favorable look I've had at Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter. The blemish I experienced, after the opening setup sequence, was that Jason's presence seemed shoehorned in and random at times. A give-and-take from focusing more on the teenagers- which also made the film appealing in a different way.

Sometimes I figure people will deduce what I'm getting at without having to say it, I've gotta get better at communicating in this format.

“I was cured, all right!”

★★
Oh man, the crazy 90's.
The "ENIGMA" song is the best thing in this movie
WARNING: "Sliver" spoilers below
Sharon was hot back in the 90's!

★★★★
Another Orson "Whale" movie.
Very well done!

★★★★★
Shinoda at his best!