Young Sheldon

Tools    

I'm not sure what motivated me to watch the pilot for Young Sheldon, a television rarity, a prequel which centers on the character played by Jim Parsons on The Big Bang Theory as a nine year old beginning high school. The main reason I was confused by my curiosity was that I have never been into The Big Bang Theory but I found this show kind of funny...Iain Armitage is a charmer in the title role and I liked Zoe Perry as his mom. I got through an entire episode which is more than I can say for The Big Bang Theory...I will give it the usual three episode trial.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
"The Big Bang Theory" is one of my favorite shows, so I was looking forward to "Young Sheldon" since the day it was announced. I liked the pilot episode, but it was hard to get a real feel for the show because they showed so many clips before the pilot aired that it felt like I had seen most of the episode already.

I haven't seen episode 3 yet, but so far, I love this show. I love the relationship Sheldon has with his Meemaw. She's much more likable on "Young Sheldon" than she was on "The Big Bang Theory".

They did a great job casting the show. Iain Armitage was the perfect choice for "Young Sheldon". He's got Jim Parsons' mannerisms down so well that he easily makes me think of Sheldon Cooper.

If you've seen "The Big Bang Theory", then you know that Zoe Perry, who plays Sheldon's mother, is the daughter of Laurie Metcalf, who plays Sheldon's mother on "The Big Bang Theory", and she's so much like her real-life mother that she's perfect for the role.

I did not know that Zoe Perry was related to Lauri Metcalf...my only other exposure to Perry was her role as a deadly assassin on Scandal last season that was light years away from this soccer mom she's playing now.

Just finished ep 9...i think this show is really funny. LOVING Annie Potts as the Grandma.

I agree about Annie Potts. She's great as Sheldon's "Meemaw". I didn't like June Squibb as his "Meemaw" in "The Big Bang Theory" and I couldn't really understand why Sheldon loved her so much, but Annie Potts makes it easy to see why Sheldon loves her.

I agree about Annie Potts. She's great as Sheldon's "Meemaw". I didn't like June Squibb as his "Meemaw" in "The Big Bang Theory" and I couldn't really understand why Sheldon loved her so much, but Annie Potts makes it easy to see why Sheldon loves her.
There's something kind of annoying about June Squibb...can't put my finger on what it is exactly.