My Sexiest Male Television Characters List

Tools    

Dr. Peter Burns, Melrose Place

After his initial success on the daytime soap General Hospital, Jack Wagner graduated to prime time, creating a steamy onscreen romance with Heather Locklear that actually led to an offscreen one as well.

David Puddy, Seinfeld

Patrick Warburton was just as funny as he was sexy playing the dim-witted boyfriend of Elaine (Julia Louis Dreyfuss) with whom he had nothing in common except sexual heat.

(squinting eyes...)
Yeah, that's right.

Joe Girard, Rhoda

The late David Groh made quite an impression as the demolitions expert who fell hard for Rhoda Morganstern on Rhoda. Groh and Harper also made my list of favorite onscreen television chemistry.

Maj. Don West, Lost in Space

Don Goddard was definitely my favorite thing about this show. Maj. West spent the majority of his screentime dodging the wrath of John Robinson (Guy Williams) for looking too hard at John's elder daughter, Judy (Marta Kristen)

Detective John Kelly, NYPD Blue

David Caruso became an instant television star with his role on this groundbreaking ABC police drama. Unfortunately, the sudden fame went to Caruso's head and he left the show after its freshman season determined to be a movie star. His movie career went nowhere and more than a decade passed before television welcomed him back via NCIS: Miami.

Dr. Robert Leeds, Sex and the City

Blair Underwood has had a long and distinguished career in movies and television but he made his strongest impression with me on the HBO series as a sports doctor who has a brief but steamy affair with Miranda (Cynthia Nixon).

Jagger Cates, General Hospital

Antonio Sabato Jr. was a former underwear model who was first introduced to television audiences as this tragic anti-hero on the daytime drama General Hospital. Fame went to Sabato's head and he left the show after a couple years, at which time it was confirmed that he couldn't act. He resurfaced briefly a decade or so later on Melrose Place but he pretty much fell off the map after that...the last time I saw him was as a contestant on Dancing with the Stars...he sure was pretty though.

Roger Sterling, Mad Men

This was one of those TV characters who was so oily that if you grabbed him by the arm, your hand would slide right off, but he sure looked good doing it.

Marion Patrick "Mack" Mackenzie, Knots Landing

After playing second fiddle to the late Telly Savalas on Kojak for five seasons, Kevin Dobson became an official TV leading man playing the charismatic attorney who blew onto the cul-de-sac and actually got the recently widowed Karen Fairgate (Michele Lee) to give marriage another try.

Michael Knight, Knight Rider

David Hasselhoff was first introduced to television audiences as Dr. Snapper Foster on The Young and the Restless but hit it big in prime time on this NBC adventure series co-starring a magical car named Kitt (voiced by William Daniels).

Adam Carrinigton, Dynasty

Gordon Thomson was slick and sexy as the mysterious Carrington son who spent the majority of his screentime manipulating his parents Blake and Alexis and bedding any woman in Denver who wasn't related to him.

Greg Brady, The Brady bunch

Just like his female counterpart on the show, Maureen McCormick, by seasons 4 and 5, Barry Williams was a total babe.

Conrad Grayson, Revenge

I know there aren't a lot of fans of the show on this site and I may be in the minority here, but I found Henry Czerny very sexy on this show.

Mike Lawson, Pitch

The show was cancelled after a single season, but Mark-Paul Gosselaar made the biggest impression on me since playing Zach Morris. Gosselaar brought the sexy as a veteran baseball player in deep denial about the beginning of the end of his distinguished career.

Gary Ewing, Knots Landing

Ted Shackelford played the alcoholic youngest son of Jock Ewing who crumbled under the shadow of older brothers JR and Bobby, but that didn't stop him from getting spun off into his own series when he and wife Valene (Joan Van Ark) left daughter Lucy (Charlene Tilton) at Southfork and moved to California. Gary managed to stop drinking but got into a lot of trouble doing a lot of his thinking from below the waist.

Dr. Preston Burke, Grey's Anatomy

Isaiah Washington was an eye-opener as the arrogant surgeon who had a steamy yet turbulent affair with the relationship-shy Dr. Cristina Yang (Sandra Oh) that ended with Cristina leaving Burke at the altar.

Don Draper, Mad Men

A virtually unknown hunk named Jon Hamm put himself on the map and, after eight seasons, won an Emmy for his creation of this sexy and ruthless advertising executive.