My Sexiest Male Television Characters List

Tools    

Well, it's time to look at the male TV characters who got me hot and steamy. A reminder, as always, this is my opinion and my opinion only...and now, my sexiest male television characters:

Jefferson Keyes, Cool Million

One of the sexiest men on TV during the 1970's, the late James Farentino played a wealthy private eye who charged a million dollars a case for his services, no matter what it involved.

Craig Carter, Here's Lucy

He only appeared on the show's first season, but the real life son of the sitcom's star, Lucille Ball, was quite the hottie

Mark Slate, The Girl From UNCLE

The son of actor Rex Harrison, Noel Harrison had his 15 minutes playing the partner of secret agent April Dancer (Stefanie Powers) for its single season run. The show was nothing to write home about, but Harrison was a hottie.

Augustus Hill, Oz

If memory serves, the only wheelchair bound TV character who got my juices running. Augustus became paralyzed when he fell off a rooftop while being pursued by the poiice. Augustus also served as the show's narrator. Wheelchair or not, Harold Perrineau was hot and his legs were restored for a role on Lost and for several films including The Best Man and Baz Luhrman's take on Romeo and Juliet.

Steve Elliott, Petticoat Junction

The late Mike Minor raised temperatures on the CBS sitcom when he joined the cast playing a crop duster who dates and eventually marries Betty Jo Bradley (Linda Kaye Henning).

Nick Russo, Blossom

Ted Wass was first introduced to audiences as Danny Dallas on the ABC sitcom Soap but where I really took notice of him was on this NBC sitcom playing TV's sexiest single dad. Wass was actually too young to be playing the father of three almost grown children, but it certainly didn't hurt his appeal. As hot as he was, Wass actually found his greatest success as a television director.

Detective Tom Ryan, Knots Landing

Joseph Gian was smoking hot as a police detective who has a steamy affair with Paige Matheson (Nicollette Sheridan).

Tom Corbett, The Courtship of Eddie's Father

Long before Nick Russo, hot single dads were everywhere on TV during the 1970's and this was one of the most popular...the late Bill Bixby charmed in this television reboot of a 1960 film comedy playing a young widower trying to start life over and raise a son (Brandon Cruz) with the help of a sympathetic housekeeper named Mrs.Livingston (Oscar winner Miyoshi Umeki)). Bixby was so sexy on this show.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
A peculiar way of coming out...
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Bill Davis, Family Affair

The late Brian Keith exuded mad sex appeal on this CBS sitcom playing a wealthy architect and so-called "Swinging Bachelor" who finds his comfy existence rocked when he becomes the legal guardian of his nieces and nephew (Kathy Garver, Anissa Jones, Johnny Whitaker).

You can't win an argument just by being right!
A peculiar way of coming out...
What? It's 2017 not the 1950s.

Robbie Douglas, My Three Sons

There were actually four sons but by the time I started watching the show, Tim Considine had left the show and hottie Don Grady became eldest son Robbie.

Illya Kuryakin, The Man From UNCLE

Robert Vaughn officially starred on the show as secret agent Napoleon Solo, but McCallum's Illya Kuryakin was WAY sexier.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Gid, you sure have a thing for a fine head of hair on your men. Dreamy.

Rodney Harrington, Peyton Place

Ryan O'Neal not only became a star on ABC's first prime time soap but met future wife Leigh Taylor Young on the set as well.

Tobias Beecher, Oz

Lee Tergesen put himself on the map in this HBO series as a man who gets imprisoned for killing a child while drunk and finds himself caught in a toxic affair with another inmate (Christopher Meloni).

Dr. James Kildare, Dr. Kildare

Richard Chamberlaiin put himself on the map as this idealistic young doctor in this 1960's NBC medical drama.