Small yellow border on threads

Tools    

Small change: @FL3Buff_07 mentioned that he'd like to be able to scroll through threads and easily see which they've posted in already. That functionality is already built into this software, so I've decided to highlight this with a small yellow border on the far right of each thread. That's the cleanest, most minimal way I could think to indicate it at a glance.

I might tweak it slightly, but you get the basic idea. Just posting this thread in case anyone gets curious about what it means.

(Also, it's on desktop only.)

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I need new specs. Cant see.

Hold the phone. Just found it. Cool.

When you tinkle behind the scenes (unintentionally sounding rude) how long does something like that take?

It totally depends on the change. And there's not even much of a correlation between the size of the change and the amount of work involved. Sometimes tiny changes are horrendously complex and huge ones are relatively straightforward.

In this case, the forum software already head something called "thread icons" that indicated various things: how active a thread was, if it had new posts, and if the person viewing it had posted in it. They weren't very useful, though (or attractive), so I ditched them. But the values that determined which icon should show up were/are still available, so it was pretty easy to just check for the "have they posted?" one and add an extra class name for it.

On my phone I get a red flag icon on subforums (lloks like the one when you click a rep). What is that? I assume maybe that I've recently been in that subforum?

Small change: @FL3Buff_07 mentioned that he'd like to be able to scroll through threads and easily see which they've posted in already. That functionality is already built into this software, so I've decided to highlight this with a small yellow border on the far right of each thread. That's the cleanest, most minimal way I could think to indicate it at a glance.

I might tweak it slightly, but you get the basic idea. Just posting this thread in case anyone gets curious about what it means.
That's brilliant – I've thought that would come in handy a few times. Nice subtle way of indicating it too, thanks Yoda and FL3Buff_07.

It means it has new posts. You should be able to click on it to go right to the first ones since your last visit.
LOL. Hey maybe clicking on it will take me to them.

Derp. Thanks Yoda.

I can't see it😳. I have like a red ribbon on new posts on the threads.
If it's a red ribbon you're seeing that might be the top of your head in a mirror you're looking at hun

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder: this is for the desktop style. Sadly, not much room to put it on mobile.
Well that's good then cos i thought it was my eyes. The red ribbon is ideal for me.

Open the sub forum and it's a vertical yellow line.

I can't see it😳. I have like a red ribbon on new posts on the threads.
If it's a red ribbon you're seeing that might be the top of your head in a mirror you're looking at hun
Haha!! . Yeah it's my Minnie Mouse bow!!

I'm on desktop but for some reason can't see anything

Edit: Doesn't matter. I see it now

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

(Also, it's on desktop only.)
I see it. Thanks!

I'm on desktop but for some reason can't see anything

Edit: Doesn't matter. I see it now

Lool. You're as blind as me and Dannii. Party on in the corner.