Yes (Top 50)
0%
0 votes
No
20.00%
6 votes
I don't really care
30 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I was scouring the old Atari 2600 games as well to see if any were worth having in a list.

Short answer is no
Man, Atari games all played like they were pirated versions of something else.

My a500 didn't have a hard drive. It did have a cassette tape backup though so you could save files. I almost got an a1000 but opted for a mac instead.

That was like the old Commodores
All ran from a cassette deck.

They'd take 90 minutes to load the game, then crash within 15 seconds and you'd have to spend 90 minutes loading it again.
Problem with that though, was the second load might not work at all because it had crashed once already.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I was scouring the old Atari 2600 games as well to see if any were worth having in a list.

Short answer is no
Man, Atari games all played like they were pirated versions of something else.

BLASPHEMY
Adventure!
Star Raiders (w touch pad!?)
Pitfall
Yars' Revenge
Joust!!?!

And that's just off the top of my noggin!

C64:
Mail Order Monsters!!
Karateka
Mission Impossible
Marble Madness
Racing Destruction Set
Spy Hunter
Lode Runner
OMgersh OMgersh!!!

The only games I play are Call Of Duty's game so I don't really care

The People's Republic of Clogher
Yeah, I'm down for this. As someone who's been gaming since the ZX81 (and whatever was in arcades at that time), I've got a lot to choose from.

Top 50 seems more feasible though.

I'm not even sure if i'll vote for any but if we are going to vote for a Pokemon would we just say Generation 1 or 2 or whatever? Doesn't make much sense specifying Gold over Silver or whatever and it'll result in a lot less votes overall if we do.

I'm not even sure if i'll vote for any but if we are going to vote for a Pokemon would we just say Generation 1 or 2 or whatever? Doesn't make much sense specifying Gold over Silver or whatever and it'll result in a lot less votes overall if we do.
That's a tough one.

If this site was specifically game-focused you'd very much be voting for individual games in a franchise. Here? I don't know.

Then again, voting for a franchise is far too restrictive. Pokemon is maybe a special case because the core stuff you do is so similar, but Mario? Final Fantasy?

That's a tough one.

If this site was specifically game-focused you'd very much be voting for individual games in a franchise. Here? I don't know.

Then again, voting for a franchise is far too restrictive. Pokemon is maybe a special case because the core stuff you do is so similar, but Mario? Final Fantasy?
Mario and Final Fantasy, etc should all be separate, totally agree. But the only difference between Pokemon Gold and Silver for instance is that there's a certain amount of pokemon you can't get in Gold and vice-versa. And it's only a small amount, the gameplay, story, dungeons, etc are exactly the same.

Mario and Final Fantasy, etc should all be separate, totally agree. But the only difference between Pokemon Gold and Silver for instance is that there's a certain amount of pokemon you can't get in Gold and vice-versa. And it's only a small amount, the gameplay, story, dungeons, etc are exactly the same.
Maybe if we divide games like that up by the platform they're on?

Pokemon on Gameboy or Pokemon on DS? That way we'd be paying respect to generational changes.

Maybe if we divide games like that up by the platform they're on?

Pokemon on Gameboy or Pokemon on DS? That way we'd be paying respect to generational changes.
They are already separated into generations. There's been seven generations, each with three games within them that are all the same. So Generation 1 was Red, Blue and later Yellow which are the same except with a few pokemon you can't get in each without swapping between them, Generation 2 was Gold, Silver and Crystal, etc. So i don't think we should have to pick between Red, Blue and Yellow that are 99% the same game but we would have to pick between Generation 1, 2, 3, etc which are different games.

Sorry, hope that makes sense haha.

I've already came up with and ordered a top 25 . It's nowhere near done i just went with the first 25 that came to mind, going to look through lists and stuff later so i can get whatever i forgot.

The worst part is picking the best in a series. I mean what Mega Man should i pick? I seriously can't remember which one is best haha.

Welcome to the human race...
I voted 100. If worst comes to worst, you can make it 50 anyway.

They are already separated into generations. There's been seven generations, each with three games within them that are all the same. So Generation 1 was Red, Blue and later Yellow which are the same except with a few pokemon you can't get in each without swapping between them, Generation 2 was Gold, Silver and Crystal, etc. So i don't think we should have to pick between Red, Blue and Yellow that are 99% the same game but we would have to pick between Generation 1, 2, 3, etc which are different games.

Sorry, hope that makes sense haha.
I know that.

As a template for other iterative franchises though, I think it would work, although I don't think there are many which would make this list which are as outwardly 'samey' as Pokemon.

I know that.

As a template for other iterative franchises though, I think it would work, although I don't think there are many which would make this list which are as outwardly 'samey' as Pokemon.
Oh right, yeah that makes sense. I don't think there are any others that i'd consider voting for that would fall under this but i'm sure others will bring up other cases.