Yes (Top 50)
0%
0 votes
No
20.00%
6 votes
I don't really care
30 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I have noticed that there are quite a few gamers on this site. So why not switch things up a bit and have MoFo's take on the best video games?

Now believe me I'm not trying to take the "Movie" out of Movie Forums but there have been many movie lists over the years that now might be a good time to experiment some and tackle different subjects that we know are popular on this site.

If we go through with this, we can make sure that it doesn't coincide with any of the movie lists that go on. It doesn't even really have to be an official list but it would be cool if it was—I guess that's up to Yoda.

I guess it would work exactly like all the other lists: people send lists of 25, then 1 equals 25 points, 2 equals 24 and blah blah blah.

If everyone's on board with this though, I would hope someone other than me can host it, because I know these lists are decorated with custom graphics and banners and I have no experience with that.

So... Whatddya say?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I vote Tacitus, but if he can't, then I will.

I voted for top 100 BTW.

Suspect's Reviews

If we go through with this, we can make sure that it doesn't coincide with any of the movie lists that go on. It doesn't even really have to be an official list but it would be cool if it was—I guess that's up to Yoda.
It's something completely seperate there's no reason it would conflict with any movie countdowns, it's obviously not my call but i doubt anyone would object to you doing it whenever. All an official list means is that it goes in the list sections and i don't think a games one could just like the TV one wasn't.

I don't really play games anymore but i'd contribute a list.

Also i think the host should decide whether it's worth doing 50 or 100 when he sees how much participation there is and how many different games are selected, like Iro did with the Albums one.

Work away I say - I'm not a gamer myself but plenty here are and I see no reason this shouldn't happen.

A system of cells interlinked
I voted for Top 50!

Also i think the host should decide whether it's worth doing 50 or 100 when he sees how much participation there is and how many different games are selected, like Iro did with the Albums one.
Agreed.

IIRC the basic criteria was that it had to be on multiple lists.

But there's going to be MUCH more convergence on this than the Albums list, if only by virtue of a smaller selection via 1) Younger medium & 2) Fewer games per year than albums per year.

Anyway, I'd submit a list

One question though... different platforms had different versions of games and some were better versions as well than the other.

Example: Burnout.
Not that I'm thinking of voting for it, but the Xbox version of Burnout was far superior to the PS2.
So like, if I was working on voting for Burnout, I would definitely not vote for it if I had only ever played the PS2 version... but if I had only ever played the Xbox version, I might give it a vote.
The fact that I played both, I would probably like my vote to include only the Xbox version because the PS2 was gash.

Mortal Kombat as well from the bygone era of SNES vs Amiga vs Sega etc.
The Amiga version beat all others hands down...

So are we going to include the platform/format as well in these votes?

If everyone's on board with this though, I would hope someone other than me can host it, because I know these lists are decorated with custom graphics and banners and I have no experience with that.

Also, I can help with a few graphics and headers and stuff if needed... but I won't be hosting

Oh maaaaaan

I'm already working on my list
I got 32 shortlisted... currently organising... and... the newest one is from 2006... the rest are all 1990s and 1980s

Great response so far! Not one person voted no so I guess it's safe to say this will be happening. I'm gonna let the poll run for a couple more days to see how much more interest. It may be a top 50.

Also, I was unaware that non-movie countdowns even happened before!

I vote Tacitus, but if he can't, then I will.

I voted for top 100 BTW.
K, I'll hold you to that! I'll ask Tacitus if he'd be interested in hosting—but if he's not then it'll be you Suspect.

Also, I can help with a few graphics and headers and stuff if needed... but I won't be hosting
That would be great Rodent!

I was lucky enough to be able to go straight onto the Amiga 1200.

The Strike games, The Chaos Engine, Alien Breed, Zool and Zool 2... man, so many colours