Is the forum navigation slow?

Tools    

I'm wondering if the site navigation is generally slow? I'm not trying to be a wiseacre, but I've noticed that maneuvering around from thread to thread or forum to forum is accomplished only with a few seconds delay. If this is normal then that's fine. My concern is that there's something in my security settings or elsewhere that's slowing things down. Thanks.

~Doc

Thanks for the reply. I'm in the Southeastern U.S. The slow navigation is probably something in my NoScript, or other settings, although other sites that I visit don't seem to have that problem. If the navigation is very fast for others, then I'll check deeper into my settings. Cheers.

~Doc

Yeah, my next questions are normally:

1) Desktop or mobile?
2) Do you have a bunch of browser extensions?

You can try to narrow things down a bit by loading it on an extension-less browser (Chrome or Firefox depending on which you're not already using). 90% of the time when I can't duplicate some weird display issue, it's a browser extension.

I do use Firefox. I use Ublock and Https Everywhere extensions, but neither of those are known to slow down navigation of websites.

You've got a great site. Thanks.

~Doc

Yeah, offhand I wouldn't expect anything like that to cause these issues, but the programmer in me just wants to isolate the problem. If you get a chance to try a browser with a clean install, please let me know if that helps, even if only for my own edification.

And thanks for the kind words! Happy to try to debug this further if you'd like.

Thanks very much. If the site isn't slow for anyone else, it's obviously on my end. I'll fool around with it, and let you know if I find a fix.

BTW, I see from your info that you're from the Pittsburgh area. I'm originally from the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon Township. If I'd heard you speak, I'd have picked up your accent immediately. "Yins goin' dahntahn?",,,

~Doc

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Thanks very much. If the site isn't slow for anyone else, it's obviously on my end. I'll fool around with it, and let you know if I find a fix.
Sometimes it's just something stupid like a sketchy router between one place and another. If you find anything I can help with, let me know.

BTW, I see from your info that you're from the Pittsburgh area. I'm originally from the South Hills, Mt. Lebanon Township. If I'd heard you speak, I'd have picked up your accent immediately. "Yins goin' dahntahn?",,,
You can hear me on the podcasts, but weirdly, I don't have much of an accent. Some of the kids I knew growing up thought I talked weird because of it, in fact. Go figure.

Peculiar. The speed is fine from my office computer, running Firefox as well. I thought the only difference was HTTPS Everywhere, but I disabled it, and no change.

I switched to IE to access the site at home, which resulted in normal speeds. So it's some setting in my FF browser at home that's slowing it down. The only reason I'm still adding on to this thread is in case someone else is having the same situation..

Thanks, "Homie"
~Doc

Thanks for the update, always good to know/narrow it down a bit! Sorry for the trouble. Maybe a fresh install would do the trick? All I can think of, if you've disabled all the extensions (even the ones that would not, ostensibly, seem likely to be the cause; ya' never know).

My site navigation on a mobile device is just fine. I hate a slow website with a passion.