NFL: Playoffs and Superbowl

Tools    

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I know there are some NFL fans on here and last year we had a superbowl predictions thread.... so this year I figure I'd jump the gun and start before the game of all games arrives.

Going into week 17, I like the Bills odds of winning a Wild Card spot. I believe they have all the drive in them to win and Pittsburgh may just try to coast through it (much like the Eagles). In addition to Homefield advantage and Pitt's all-start QB Ben Roethlisberger being out I think the Bills are in an Excellent posistion.

I'm aware they also need some help from the Colts or the Rams but I definitely feel one of these two teams will likely win....(perhaps both). I see Manning throwing for multiple TDs to extend his record and prevail and I see the Rams edging out the Jets by a FG at home.

I agree on the Bills squeaking in. They've really turned their season around after putting McGahee in. Of course it helps that Evans has stepped up to the plate filling Price's spot like the other guy (Reed?) was supposed to do last year.

As of right now I like New England and Philly in the Super Bowl, though I'm not really confident on the NFC pick. I really don't think the team coming out of the NFC has a chance... I mean come on, Atlanta lost to my beloved Lions, so how can they be taken seriously and I think the loss of Owens will really hurt Philly's offense.

I also don't see the Steelers getting it done come crunch time while N.E. has two pretty big time guys in Brady and Viniatari.

My 2 cents for now.

Oh, I should also add that I won my main fantasy league for the 4th time in 5 years (runner up last year)... Yeah me!

My Top 100 favorite movies.

A system of cells interlinked
Living in the Boston area I just felt I should say.....

New England to win.

I think Seattle will get it together in the playoffs and make a Superbowl push. But maybe I'm just an idiot... I do think, however, that NE is a sure-fire AFC champ and that no team in the NFC has a chance of beating Brady and co.

Originally Posted by Sedai
Living in the Boston area I just felt I should say.....

New England to win.

It's good to see you're not biased though

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
Originally Posted by Lance McCool
I think Seattle will get it together in the playoffs and make a Superbowl push.
Wouldn't that be Nice, Seeing Jerry Rice win another Championship again

I agree with Mose that Philly will most likely take the NFC, As for the AFC, I see many possibilities so I'm just going to sit tight and make a call after the first week of playoffs.

Wuss!

I agree though, it's sure going to be fun watching the AFC playoffs this year with the AFC semifinals being like two Superbowls in one year

I want to see Indy in it, but their defense is kinda questionable.

Originally Posted by joshuafor
I want to see Indy in it, but their defense is kinda questionable.
New England and Pittsburgh could shut down their offense, as well.

Here's a little bump following this weekend's happenings.

Parity be damned, the playoffs are set.

NFC

St. Louis (5) at Seattle (4)

Minnesota (6) at Green Bay (3)

Highest remaining seed plays: at Atlanta
Lowest remaining seed plays: at Philadelphia

AFC

New York Jets (5) at San Diego (4)

Denver (6) at Indianapolis (3)

Highest remaining seed plays: at New England
Lowest remaining seed plays: at Pittsburgh

I'm a born-and-raised Cheesehead, so my loyalties are pretty clear-cut, but outside of Green Bay I'm mostly rooting for the favorites to win the Wild Card rounds in the AFC. I'd love to see SD-Pitt and Indy-NE matchups.

My pick for Super Bowl Champion: Pittsburgh
What can we gain by sailing to the moon if we are not able to cross the abyss that separates us from ourselves? This is the most important of all voyages of discovery, and without it, all the rest are not only useless, but disastrous... - Thomas Merton

Originally Posted by Lance McCool
New England and Pittsburgh could shut down their offense, as well.
True. I just like watching Manning play. I'd like to see him do well.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I just wanted to say: "OH NO! I botched my first prediction"

However, the rams did edge out the jets by a field goal so yeah..... a minor victory. As for yesterday who wouldda thought 2 wild card teams would have won, 2 lower seeded teams beating their higher.... quite interesting.

As for my prediction this week I think the Colts are going to win.

It's playoff time, It doesn't matter what seed you are anybody can win on any given day. My prediction for the Super Bowl is Atlanta and Pittsburgh. I think Philly will choke in the NFC Championship like always and Atlanta moving on. But since I'm a Steeler fan and live 80 miles south of the city. I'm going to pick them to win it all.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I want to see the Colts and Rams the odds of this happening must be astronomical given all the things that must fall into place but this is the series I'd most like to see.

I don't even care who wins that one in the superbowl... I just love Offensive shootouts.... In fact I'm all for shootouts, I want to see these two teams put up about 100+ combined points on the scoreboard.

That and the fact that denfensive games just puts me to sleep.