WORST superhero movie?

Tools    

MIL
So which one is the worst comic character Superhero movie?

The Flash or Captain America?

The Flash hasn't been brought to the screen. There was a short-lived TV series for the 1990-1991 season on CBS, totaling twenty-two episodes. But no movie version.

That low-rent Captain America thing was embarassing, to be sure, but hardly a surprise given the budget and personell involved.

I hate to go with the old standby of Howard the Duck...but it is oh so true (even still - and despite Ben Affleck's best efforts to take the top spot). Given the budget and the involvement of Georgie Lucas and ILM, it has to be the most disappointing. But to give it its proper due, Tank Girl sucked something awful too.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Randomly visiting for now
Haven't seen any of those but I personally didn't like Hulk at all, it was just so predictable and boring. I really liked the original cartoon but the movie kind of ruined it for me.

I haven't seen Howard the Duck since I was a little guy so I really can't comment on it. Of the comic book flicks I've seen recently I would have to go with Daredevil followed closely by Hulk.

In the Beginning...
The Flash and Captain America were both really bad, and so was The Punisher (the one starring Dolph Lungren). Howard the Duck was bad, but come on - did you expect it to be particularly enthralling?

I think some people are forgetting films like Meteor Man, Suburban Commando, and the dreadful 1994 Fantastic Four film, just to name a few.

EDIT: I'd like to give Holden the benefit of the doubt for his reputation comment he left me. I had no idea Howard the Duck was such a great comic book during its time; and if such is the case, then it deserves an equally great film. Good call.

In the Beginning...
Wow, so many people hated The Hulk, and I just can't figure out why. It was an excellent psychological thriller with great acting, and a "pseudo-comic-yet-enticing" storyline. I know it's kind of slow and monotonous in the beginning, but it's supposed to be that way. You're supposed to be tense and angry and agitated to some degree when Banner finally lets loose as the Hulk, so that you can identify with his release (having needed one of your own). You wait so long, having to watch these sniveling characters eat away at Banner and Betty Ross (Sam Elliott's character, Nick Nolte's character, etc), and you just can't help but cheer the Hulk on once he begins to rage against them.

That's how the film is put together. It's not without its flaws, to say the least (I'm thinking of the "big-budget" ending that was completely unnecessary); but it was more than a solid flick. Please don't compare it to Spiderman and X-Men, either, because good comic book films don't have to follow those models.

First off, Sleezy, your avatar is awesome (Kingdom Come is by far the best graphic novel ever). Second, the Worst Superhero movie is definitely "Batman Forever". Big Budget, Bad Movie. Hopefully "Batman Begins" will be better than the last 2 efforts at the "Caped Crusader" storyline.

I haven't seen Howard the Duck since I was a wee wittle one and I've never seen The Hulk… so, for now, Daredevil gets my vote…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I don't think DareDevil is the worst. I didn't like very much Batman & Robin, which my vote goes to.

Anyone seen Catwoman? i heard it was better then Supergirl...

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Piledriver
First off, Sleezy, your avatar is awesome (Kingdom Come is by far the best graphic novel ever).
Thanks.

I wouldn't say Kingdom Come is the best graphic novel ever, but I'm certainly a fan.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by SpoOkY
Haven't seen any of those but I personally didn't like Hulk at all, it was just so predictable and boring. I really liked the original cartoon but the movie kind of ruined it for me.

Ugh, the Hulk sucked. Was it really necessary for it to be a three hour long movie? I had no idea it would be so long! I went to see it in the theaters too, and I really thought it would be more geared towards children after watching the trailor. And the most crazy thing about it is so many people have told me how wonderful they thought this movie was.

I felt Daredevil was terrible as well, still can't believe that I bought it!

i don't know how anyone forgot about this one. my least fav is very much so "Steel" the movie execs had to go and shaq up another film.

btw daredevil deserves more credit, the theatrical wasnt even approved by the director, watch the director's cut, it is a good superhero movie.

Arthur: If I asked you where the hell we were, would I regret it?
Ford: We're safe.
Arthur: Oh good.
Ford: We're in a small galley cabin in one of the spaceships of the Vogon Constructor Fleet.
Arthur: Ah, this is obviously some strange use of the word safe that I wasn't previously aware of.

A system of cells interlinked
Batman and Robin

While the 3rd film in the series was quite bad, I feel the 4th film was absolutely horrendous. Not one of the characters...well, stayed in character! Every character was just so over the top, so outrageously not who they were supposed to be, that I had to wonder if even one person involved in the project had ever had any exposure to the source material. Add to this a script clearly written by the director's grandchild, wack-ass, brightly lit baroque sets (so completely un-Gotham), and a score that shattered my uncle's glass eye, and you have the worst superhero film ever created.