Best Final Scene?

Tools    

So many good movies, so little time.
What is your favorite final scene in a movie? (endings that really fit with the movie)

Mine : tie

Casablanca - 'Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.'

Some Like it Hot - 'Well, nobody's perfect.'

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

I liked Donnie Darko's ending sequence with Mad World played, very sad.

And the end of Cold Mountian, because it made me cry like a weepy little girl every time I see it.
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

Has anybody here seen Razor Face?
Hmm.. the movie ending that gives me the best feeling is Amelie
And I hope no one slaps me for this but that final scene of the Little Mermaid - When Ariel is saying bye to her dad? *SOBS*

Jam
Black hawk down, the film is absolutely amazing, but the ending... is just great!
i never cried in a film, but this ending brought a tear to my eye........ has any1 else seen it?

The end of Monty Python and the Holy Grail when the policeman hit the camera and it just stopped. The first time I watched it I wasn't sure if the movie was over. I also liked the end of Edward Scissorhands with the ice sculptures.

For me a good film ending was in the film Ravenous I thought that was a good ending. Also another film that I loved the ending to was Sling Blade.

gonna have to go with a tie as well,

The Jackal

and Alien 3

A system of cells interlinked
It's not quite final but close enough:

Blade Runner : Batty's Soliloquy

I thought the ending/opening was good in Memento. I dont know if it would really count as a ending since it also happened in the begining but thats my choice.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

There are those who call me...Tim.
Return of the Jedi: Well, the bit where Luke burns Vader's corpse. I just think it's a great way to show the final bond between Luke and his father, and I suppose it's also significant as it shows the last of the Sith being wiped out (that's not counting the novels of course).

fight club: the pixies are playing, the buildings are falling, chaos is everywhere, and ed norton and helena bonham carter just stand in awe of its complete beauty.

Arthur: If I asked you where the hell we were, would I regret it?
Ford: We're safe.
Arthur: Oh good.
Ford: We're in a small galley cabin in one of the spaceships of the Vogon Constructor Fleet.
Arthur: Ah, this is obviously some strange use of the word safe that I wasn't previously aware of.

I loved Lost in Translation's ending. The fact that

WARNING: "Lost in translation" spoilers below
Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansen never got together, that they knew they had to return to their worlds, it added a lot to Coppola's recurring theme of the unconnected world. They did kiss, make that connection, and i love how we dont know what Bill Murray whispers into Johansen's ear at the very end. Beautiful filmmaking!

Bug Planet Proximus
fight club
the wizard of oz
Its a wonderful life
pulp fiction
who framed roger rabbit
carlito's way
scarface
seven samurai

The Last of the Mohicans ... from the Huron Village until Hawkeye, Cora, and Chingachgook are alone on the cliff…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I loved the abrupt ending of An American Werewolf in London.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
The Last of the Mohicans ... from the Huron Village until Hawkeye, Cora, and Chingachgook are alone on the cliff…

Why do I always forget this one when this question comes up. I get all misty every time during this amazing scene (I think it's the music)...

screenwriter/producer
My favorite final scene is that of Kill Bill Volume 1 because If you liked it, it insured that you would watch Volume 2.

Dances with wolves