Horrible Movies... Great Performances....

Tools    

Ever seen a movie that you just hate, but one actor/actress did so good that it seemed a shame that they participated in whatever piece of crap movie it might be... and to top it off you loved thier character more than the plot of the movie.... a few come to my mind.

01. Robert Englund - The Mangler

02. Bill Moseley - House of 1000 Corpses
(This one might get me hurt... I hated this movie to no end, but for some reason too many gave it good reviews)

03. Michael Ironside - Highlander II: The Quickening

04. William L. Petersen - Fear
"This is Jack Burton in the Pork-Chop Express, and I'm talking to whoever's listening out there.... Like I told my last wife, I says Honey, I never drive faster than I can see, besides that, it's all in the reflexes."

- Kurt Russell, Big Trouble In Little China

I am having a nervous breakdance
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Flawless

Björk - Dancer in the Dark

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

So many good movies, so little time.
I love watching Marlon Brando and Jack Nicholson in Missouri Breaks. And because of that I couldn't say movie was horrible but alot of other people did.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Nicolas Cage - Valley Girl, great character and acting, not so great movie.

Arthur: If I asked you where the hell we were, would I regret it?
Ford: We're safe.
Arthur: Oh good.
Ford: We're in a small galley cabin in one of the spaceships of the Vogon Constructor Fleet.
Arthur: Ah, this is obviously some strange use of the word safe that I wasn't previously aware of.

52 Pick-Up (1986) is a pretty routine thriller, at best, but John Glover gives a fantastic performance as the bad guy, an affable slimeball named Raimy. He really mastered the Philly accent too.

Michael Cimino's Heaven's Gate (1980) is not quite the epic disaster it's made out to be, but it's certainly not good either. However what is good, great really, is John Hurt's work in support, which gets pretty lost in the overlong shuffle.

Recently Envy (2004), which was somehow directed by Barry Levinson, was a disappointment in just about every single way, even wasting can't-miss talent like Jack Black. The major exception being Christopher Walken, who is in full glory here, flat-out hysterical with every line reading and non-sequiter. He alone makes this one worth a look on video and cable TV. This is true of most of the duds Walken makes, but especially so in Envy.

While not a horrible movie, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984) doesn't live up to its cult rep, and is a better idea than it is an actual movie. But, John Lithgow is glorious in an over-the-top role as the villian Dr. Emilio Lizardo.

In Once Upon A Time in Mexico (2003), the big Mariachi let-down from Robert Rodriguez, Johnny Depp is frippin' fantastic chewing up scenery. Fitfully amusing, and makes the waste of a flick watchable.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Sleezy
Gene Hackman was great in The Royal Tenenbaums....

Yeah-that one was BAD!

Id say:

1. Kate Beckinsdale - Pearl Harbor

2. Renee Zellweger - Cold Mountain

Im sure there are more, just cant th ink of them right now!

John Turturro - Mr. Deeds. this movie was pretty bad but Turturro made it watchable and funny.

Ohhh--that made me think of another one:

John Goodman -- Dirty Deeds. Only he made THAT movie watchable!

Almost all Al Pacino movies guarantee brilliant performance...doest alwas guarantee a good movie thou.

Speaking of----I hated--absolutely HATED Insomnia (although I suffer from it often! ). I sat through that out of sheer loyalty.

Didn't see it.
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
John Turturro - Mr. Deeds. this movie was pretty bad but Turturro made it watchable and funny.
Yeah. He was hilarious, and it was a pathetic movie.

Here is what i thought:

-I must agree with John Tuturro in Mr.Deeds I thought he made the movie i mean without him the movie would have been a disaster.

-Also i must agree with Al Pacino in Insomnia that movie really sucked and not even the man himself could have saved that movie.

- Julia Roberts in Erin Brockovich that movie sucked.

-Vin Diesel in Fast and the Furious.............LOL YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! That movie sucked and so does Vin Diesels Acting skills.....Where did they find that guy.

-Nicole Kidman in The Others that movie wasn't all that not terrible but wasn't the best...but the ending was cool.

-Ben Affleck in Pearl Harbor that movie just blew i hate when they take a serious event in u.s history and make it into some cheesy romance flick

there are other flicks too i will probably post them later.

Originally Posted by Autumn2099
-Ben Affleck in Pearl Harbor that movie just blew i hate when they take a serious event in u.s history and make it into some cheesy romance flick.
Woah. Are you saying you thought Ben Affleck gave a great performance in Pearl Harbor?!? Or in anything, for that matter.

Oh, and the first fanboy that chips in with "Yo, Affleck was da bomb in Phantoms" gets my cyber-boot up their poop shoot.

Affleck was da bomb in Gigli... What do I get Holden

Originally Posted by Tolstoy
Affleck was da bomb in Gigli... What do I get Holden
Nothing. It's not a line from a Kevin Smith movie, as the Phantoms one is (Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back). Nevermind.

Do whatever you want with your shoot and leave me out of it.

hehe, you forgot the Yo at the end though.

Originally Posted by Black Mamba
Almost all Al Pacino movies guarantee brilliant performance...doest alwas guarantee a good movie thou.
That's how i feel about:

Sic Transit Gloria.... Glory Fades
i would have to say Sean Penn and Tim Robbins in mystic river, that movie sucked, i don't understand how so many people liked it.