Worst 2008 Film (early favorites)

Tools    

Lost in never never land
The reason that I bring this up is that I was watching trailers last night and I watched a couple that I think might be competing for this award.

I realize that one contender has already been released, In the Name of the King, and that another one is coming up shortly, Meet the Spartans, but I think that the two trailers that I watched might actually end up topping them.

The first is for a film called Postal, the first thing you need to know about this film is that it is loosely based off of a video game by the same title. From that point you can immediately assume that Uwe Boll is making the film (which not surprisingly turns out to be true). That immediately puts it into consideration for the worst film of the year.

But this is my current front runner, a film titled The Hottie and the Nottie, after watching the trailer I wasn't completely sure how it was going to end, even though it appears to be paper thin, but I did know that if I ever found the person who greenlighted the film I would have to harm them physically. What you need to know about this film is that it is allegedly a romantic comedy and it stars Paris Hilton. Starring Paris Hilton is always a bad thing, but if she doesn't die in the film, it immediately becomes a terrible thing, and the odds of her dying in this film are way to slim, being that it is a romantic comedy.

Those are my early favorites for the worst film of 2008. I'm sure that it will produce more films that are terrible, but those four look simly aweful.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Nice job getting a jump on this Gnat! I agree with your list so far. Although, I have never seen the video game Postal. I'll have to look into that. As for Paris Hilton, you hit the nail on the head. That title already has to win worst title of 2008, just horrible.

I've seen a screener for Postal last year and unlike Uwe Boll's other films, it's absolutely NOTHING like his previous work. If you've played Postal, you will recognize the many references made to the game within the movie (especially with that 'Silencer Cat' scene below).

Postal is a wacked out, insane and totally wicked comedy.

Clips:

Trailers:

"Postal" is crude, raw, grossly funny and based on the popular videogame of the same name. The film also pushes the boundaries of good taste and all that is politically, morally and socially correct as if it were a live-action "South Park."

Unemployed and frustrated, Dude (Zack Ward) is intent on finally making some money and running away from the hell hole that has become his life. In his feeble attempt to get back on track, he reluctantly joins his uncle Dave (Dave Foley) in a get-rich-quick scheme involving the stealing and reselling of the scarce but highly sought after OKrotch-y-Dolls, the must-have toy of the season.

In outrageous tribute to the videogame, writer/director Uwe Boll ensures that "Postal" holds true to its trailer-trash origins: offensive dialogue, random violence and inane, wildly comedic characters that will surely want to make all comers go "postal."

Postal stars Zack Ward, Dave Foley, Chris Coppola, Michael Benyaer, Jackie Tohn, Erick Avari and Seymour Cassel.

From Freestyle Releasing, the film has no release date set at this time.

"The Eye"

This year's "Good Luck Chuck" for Alba.

i think "Good Luck Chuck" is ok..