Vampire Movies

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Near Dark was good, up until it's bogus ending.

JC's Vampires is vastly underrated if you ask me.

Suspect's Reviews

The Fabulous Sausage Man
Originally Posted by jrs
Too bad the original 'Buffy' flick sucked like sh*t.
Yeah, I hated the movie, and so did Joss Whedon (the guy who invented Buffy). The TV show is amazing though.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by jrs
Too bad the original 'Buffy' flick sucked like sh*t.
I disagree on that. It was cheesy with extra cheese, but it seemed clearly intended to be that way. Kristy Swanson kicked arse.

That said, the tv show is miles, leagues, lightyears better.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I disagree on that. It was cheesy with extra cheese, but it seemed clearly intended to be that way. Kristy Swanson kicked arse.

That said, the tv show is miles, leagues, lightyears better.
Yeah, the movie was never meant as a companion piece to Bram Stoker's Dracula, and it really never tries to be. As stated, it is "cheesy with extra cheese" and Swanson did kick azz...um...arse.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I have to agree with Delilah on this one. Buffy was a great movie. You can't take it seriously with Pee Wee Herman in the cast and Luke Perry as PIKE.

Agree with the fact that the TV show is miles ahead of it as well.

You should see the Old "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" its quite funny as is "First Bitten" with Jim Carry.

Blade Trinity was horrible, but better then the terribly horrible Blade II. However, the first Blade movie was actually a very good film. I was pleasently suprized when I first saw it, I expected another crappy comic book movie.
Although the Coyote is far supirior in intellect, Roadrunner always wins. Why is that? Wiley always puts forth his best effort, and no matter what, he always loses to a moron. I guess im sort of like Roadrunner. I just get by on dumb luck.

-The Collection-

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
I think how you favour vampire films depends on how you think of vampires. If you think of them in a classical sense then Dracula, Interview with a vampire etc are for you.

Things like Underworld and Buffy and Angel are taking the classical and twisting it which some die hard fans can find difficult to swallow. With Buffy and Angel it is of course the trademark 'lumpies' that adorn the forehead of the vampires when they vamp out. Underworld ignored one particular rule of vampire lore which actually quite irritated me. If you rewatch Underworld, the scene when Viktor is awakened and the blood is flowing though him, his organs start up again - including his heart. Someone should have told Len Wiseman that vampires have no heartbeat because they are in fact dead.

And I personally quite enjoyed the original Buffy film as it was cheese and it knew it and then embraced it in a big cheesy hug. My slight sexual obsession with luke perry also helped

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Shadow of the Vampire
I just watched this last night. It's a fun one. I am not sure how much I'd have enjoyed it, had I not seen a couple of Herzog films, especially his Nosferatu... in the same way that Young Frankenstein is a lot funnier if you've seen the films it's spoofing, this is way funnier of you are familiar with the source material.

On a side note: I happened to catch the Smallville salute to Buffy, recently. Lana joins a sorority that is a coven of vampires, and their leader is Buffy Sanders. And they're vamps as a result of Luthorcorp's Project 1138... which is being infiltrated by the character played by James Marsters! whee!

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
i saw that episode of smallville, not too impressed, clark never took his shirt off
aahaha! Yeah, those are the best.
I didn't think it was their best ep ever, but it helped with my Buffy jonesing.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I just watched this last night. It's a fun one. I am not sure how much I'd have enjoyed it, had I not seen a couple of Herzog films, especially his Nosferatu... in the same way that Young Frankenstein is a lot funnier if you've seen the films it's spoofing, this is way funnier of you are familiar with the source material.
I was wondering if anyone else had caught on to the fact that the chief inspiration for the Schreck character was drawn from Herzog's re-make rather than the Murnau original...

On a different note, Eddie Izzard should never, under any circumstances, ever again be allowed to appear in public sans the trademark drag. He makes Gene Simmons look like Adonis.

near dark

salem's lot

vampires los muertas

I watched "Night Watch" the other night and found it very intriguing, original and entertaining. And it actually has a great English dubbing, which I found very helpful since I'm not very fond of subtitles.

The Fabulous Sausage Man
Originally Posted by Piledriver
I'm not very fond of subtitles.
Blasphemy.

I saw Vamp, a 1980's vampire movie with The Grace Jones, last year. It was different, interesting... she's a mute Eygptian vampire who dances in a strip club (in a bizarre piece designed by Keith Haring). It's on DVD.

I remember seeing one a long time ago... I think it was called Samson Vs. The Vampire Woman. I don't know how you'd find it but it's about these vampire women... it's old... they drink blood, ya know.

Lost in never never land
I just watched The Fearless Vampire Killers. That is an amazing film. I found it very funny, and a great satyrical comedy on the genre of vampire movies and literature.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Queen of the Damned and George Clooney's From Dusk till Dawn are my two favorite movies though I'd also suggest you should also try Tales from the Crypt Presents: Bordello of Blood.

Thehottestlovehasthecolde stend.
I'm not HUGE fan of vampire movies but I really enjoyed The Lost Boys & Interview with a Vampire. Fright Night is also pretty good.

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/euro
Originally Posted by The Gnat
One of my pet interests has been vampires (in both movies and literature). I have seen the majority of recent vampire movies, and I was wondering if people had any that they would recommend. I have seen:

Van Helsing
Underworld
Underworld: Evolution
Interview with a Vampire
Ultraviolet
The Lost Boys
Dracula 2000
Queen of the Damned
Blade: Trinity
Dusk Till Dawn

And I have Brom Stoker's Dracula around my place that I have yet to see. I was wondering if there are any good ones that I have missed.
there's also the dracula dead and loving it which is funny as hell