Best Film Homages?

Tools    

So many good movies, so little time.
As I was watching The Hudsucker Proxy(1994) last night I realized what a great homage it was to the screwball comedies of the 30's and 40's.

Another is Some Like It Hot (1959) which pays homage to both the gangster movies and the screwball comedies.

Another of my favorites is Miller's Crossing (1990), another Coen's Brothers movie which pays homage to the gangster genre.

Another is the Mel Brook's film High Anxiety (1977) which is a homage to Alfred Hitchcock.

Another great homage to the gangster and noir genres is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005)

My favorite homage, this one to film noir, is Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (1982).

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Welcome to the human race...
Quite a few of my favourites can be considered homage, but to focus on a few...

The Blues Brothers pays homage to musicals.

Raiders of the Lost Ark and Star Wars reference Saturday morning serials.

Shaun of the Dead is a homage/parody of zombie horror.

Monty Python's Holy Grail and Life of Brian do the same to medieval and Biblical epics respectively.

The Princess Bride references classic Hollywood swashbucklers.

I would've thought Natural Born Killers was a more obvious homage to Badlands myself.
Methinks you need to see them both (True Romance & Badlands) again then, because the similarities are blatantly obvious. Alabama's voice over is inspired by Holly's narration, and True Romance reuses part of the Badlands score. Not to mention the lovers on the lam plot of course.