Movies You Like (Not Love) And Watch Repeatedly

Tools    

One of the most interesting lines on this thread.. I'm wondering if anyone else has a weird relationship with a movie...

Do you know why? I'm intrigued.
It's a long time since last saw it but my memories of it are that I really love the aethestics of the film. I enjoy looking at it. I like cat & mouse thrillers, (I guess it's one of the things I love about slashers, too, so that's another crossover to something I really love) so the Pacino/De Niro central characters becoming aware of the other and then circling each other works well for me. TBH, Pacino's domestic stuff drags the film for me, but I understand it's needed to mirror De Niro's private life and the complex social lives of some of the main characters means they're not 'just' there or standing about waiting for the job.

The set-pieces work fantastically well, but for some reason that last one around the runways doesn't quite reach those heights, which I think is one of the reasons I don't love the film. The film successfully delivers for me, right up until the climax.

All these things (and possibly more) mean that I see how good a film it is. I do like it, but I just don't/can't love it in the way I feel I should.

It's a bit like a film version of Mila Kunis. She's gorgeous. Beautiful woman, everything is right about her and everyone else seems to love her. I do find her attractive. But I don't fancy her as much as I'd expect to fancy someone who looks as good as her.

If I think of anything else I'll add to it but I hope that gives you some idea of what I mean.

Comedies. Most of them I don't mind "ruining" by watching over and over again. There are exceptions though.

For non comedy comfort food movies it has to be The Cider House Rules. Not sure how I feel about having a soft spot for it, but I seem to end up rewatching it every few years. Something about its atmosphere. Something about Charlize Theron.

That's another one I think I enjoy watching more than I think it's good. No idea how many times I've seen it.
I like it because, when I visited the actual lighthouse and the nearby town (Inverness, CA), I realized that they really captured the town well and fit it into that spooky plot. It's really quite a nice place.

A Walk to remember
My best friends wedding
Shawshank redemption
Se7en

Never Been Kissed
10 Things I Hate About You
Ever After
Kate and Leopold
A Walk to Remember
Pretty Woman
The Mummy

Napoleon Dynamite - wasn't sure what to make of it first time I saw it, but have grown to love it through re-watches.

Glengarry Glen Ross - saw this in the theater and didn't care for it, but then stop to watch portions whenever I come across it and find myself totally intrigued - the cast, dialog, and performances are just astounding.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Never Been Kissed
10 Things I Hate About You
Ever After
Kate and Leopold
A Walk to Remember
Pretty Woman
The Mummy

I love Kate and Leopold. It's another movie that I watch every chance I get.

I just saw A Walk to Remember recently, and I liked it a lot. I'll watch any movie that's based on a Nicholas Sparks story.

I love Kate and Leopold. It's another movie that I watch every chance I get.

I just saw A Walk to Remember recently, and I liked it a lot. I'll watch any movie that's based on a Nicholas Sparks story.
I'm the same way about Nicholas Sparks but don't read all his books.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm the same way about Nicholas Sparks but don't read all his books.

I've never read a Nicholas Sparks book either, but I love the movies that are based on them.