Movies that make you cringe

Tools    

What films do you find too cringe worthy to sit through or even attempt to watch? Here's mine.

The female Ghostbusters movie. I can't remember the exact title of that film but the trailer looked awful 😄

Birds of prey... I personally I find Harley Quinn more annoying than jar jar binks.

The Disney Star Wars sequel trilogy...Ray was written to be a perfect character from the start and no development. She already was powerful enough to use Jedi mind tricks two days after learning what the force even was.

Cuties..Never seen it thankfully but the trailer looked grim and problematic.

Harry potter.. Always found it overrated and never liked the cast and how they turned on JK Rowling who literally gave them their careers.

A Star is born.. I find all that celebrity worship stuff a bit sickly.

The perks of being a wallflower... All the characters in the film are emotional hemophiliacs.

The breakfast club... Personally I found the humor a bit sickly and wasn't invested in any of the characters.

Jurassic world... The dinosaurs looked like Nickelodeon cartoon dinosaurs.

Get out

Deadpool.. the main character was like a teenager who thinks if he swears long and loud enough he will be taken seriously by the adults. Not a fan of fart joke humor

Here's my take on your cringe worthy films...

The female Ghostbusters movie, Birds of Prey, The Disney Star Wars sequel trilogy, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Jurassic World, A Star is Born, Deadpool, Get Out.
I'm not interested in seeing any of those, so no comment on their cringe worthiness

Cuties..Never seen it thankfully but the trailer looked grim and problematic.
I did see that, it was kinda cringe worthy but mainly as it smelled of a director doing something shocking to get noticed. But it wasn't all that bad and had it's good points.
Harry Potter.. Always found it overrated and never liked the cast and how they turned on JK Rowling who literally gave them their careers.
I don't feel sorry for JK she's got more money than I could even dream of I liked the HP films too and the cast also...
BTW what did you mean by "never liked the cast and how they turned on JK Rowling who literally gave them their careers." ?

The Breakfast Club... Personally I found the humor a bit sickly and wasn't invested in any of the characters.
Maybe it's a generational thing but I've always liked that movie...Do I dare ask what you mean by "sickly humor." ?

Here's my take on your cringe worthy films...

I'm not interested in seeing any of those, so no comment on their cringe worthiness

I did see that, it was kinda cringe worthy but mainly as it smelled of a director doing something shocking to get noticed. But it wasn't all that bad and had it's good points.
I don't feel sorry for JK she's got more money than I could even dream of I liked the HP films too and the cast also...
BTW what did you mean by "never liked the cast and how they turned on JK Rowling who literally gave them their careers." ?

Maybe it's a generational thing but I've always liked that movie...Do I dare ask what you mean by "sickly humor." ?

Yeah by the cast of Harry potter I mean Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe so yeah a more accurate thing to say would be a few of the cast turned on her. Basically it was because she doesn't conform to the use of pronouns. Yeah sickly humor is pretty much a different way of saying cringeworthy humour.

Yeah by the cast of Harry potter I mean Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe so yeah a more accurate thing to say would be a few of the cast turned on her. Basically it was because she doesn't conform to the use of pronouns. Yeah sickly humor is pretty much a different way of saying cringeworthy humour.
Oh...OK...I guess I don't know anything about that. As a general rule I don't really care about actors in their real lives only on the screen.

I agree with Get Out. I think I bashed it in my review. Thought it would've been better as a half-hour episode in a Twilight Zone reboot.

I'm also a fan of the Breakfast Club - I guess that was my generation too.

Since I recently reviewed A Chorus Line (1985) and called it "cringey" then I guess I'll submit that to this thread.

Oh...OK...I guess I don't know anything about that. As a general rule I don't really care about actors in their real lives only on the screen.

Yeah tbh I don't follow celebrities either but I only hear stuff about them like on the news etc. It does tend to baffle me when people follow celebrity relationships like I had a girlfriend ones who knew the names of everyone who Taylor swift got with, I can't imagine anything more boring Lol. And as for The breakfast club, I've never liked teen movies. I think maybe it's because I can't relate to them as I was kind of a loner in those years of my life but became confident in my early 20s but I was born 1994 so The breakfast club wasn't really my era. I do follow films of all decades though.