Wireless speakers

Tools    

Which one do you recommend?

Definitely 7.1.

There’s so many speakers out there!

You ready? You look ready.
Budget or money is no option?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
What is your budget and what speaker types are you thinking?

Soundbar and woofer combos aren't bad at all for small rooms. Test them in store, if possible. My only complaint with soundbars is that voice audio gets drowned out by the other sounds of the movie and, while controls are nice, don't always give enough isolation to the center channel from which the voice generally comes.

Last year I invested in a good receiver and 5.1 speaker setup. Currently, I am only running 3.1 because I don't want to run wire to the other side of the room until other things are dealt with first. The receiver alone made a HUGE difference in hearing the dialogue. I can bump the center channel volume up independently from the stereo left and right channel speakers. EQ helps a bit too. So far with just 3.1, I am very satisfied. The 5.1 or 7.1 would be more immersive, I would assume, but I'm not sure i would go through the expense of wireless rear speakers at this point.

I have seen smaller wireless speakers packaged with soundbars, but it seems they need to be physically connected to the soundbar at a point to recharge batteries. That would be frustrating in time, I would think.

Anyway. Depending on your needs, I might suggest a basic 3.1 wired system with a good receiver that you can expand with in time. Read up on the pros/cons of wireless systems. Watch speaker costs through shops like BestBuy, if available, and Amazon. Prices move up and down pretty wildly here in the states. I caught a sale and got my from left/right speakers for the prince of one. The other speakers were bought with considerable discounts given the last year's model type of sales too. If you have time and patience, track the costs. You might happen upon a great discount.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear