Film with a man rescuing his daughter from punks

Tools    

Hello everyone,

I thought of a film yesterday but I can't remember the name.

A young woman or girl is kidnapped by drug-taking teens or young punks.

At the end, the father fashions some sort of weapon by sharpening a shovel or a spade and goes into a kind of big shed or warehouse where he kills them and rescues his daughter.

I seem to remember one of the punks looking like Jake Busey but I don't think it was.

Any help much appreciated as always!

The Lost Boys? (1987)

Chat bot AI says -
I'm not entirely sure, but based on your description, the movie you might be thinking of is "Eye for an Eye" (1996) starring Sally Field and Kiefer Sutherland. The plot revolves around a mother, played by Sally Field, seeking revenge against a gang of drug-addicted thugs who rape and murder her daughter. In the film, Sally Field's character does indeed fashion a weapon from a gardening tool and takes revenge on the thugs who committed the crime. While Jake Busey does not appear in the film, Kiefer Sutherland plays one of the main villains. Does that sound like the movie you are thinking of?

Sorry about the late reply - notifications were being sent to my spam folder.

Linus, no its definitely not The Lost Boys but thanks for your response.

kr002, I'll check that one out and get back to you thanks!

beelzebubble, the time period was the late 80s to mid 90s, thanks.

Edit: it's not Eye For An Eye although I have seen that before years ago.

Is Liam Neeson in this? Cause it sounds like Liam Neeson should be in this.

Do you have a time period for this film.

Or "The Shoveler" from Mystery Men.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of digging implements, shovels and spades I have acquired over a very long career. Excavating skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will bury you.

Is this a Charles Bronson film?
Possibly...

Here are some films that feature a man rescuing his daughter from punks:

Falling Down (1993): William Foster, a middle-aged man who is having a bad day, goes on a rampage in Los Angeles after his car breaks down. He eventually takes a group of punks hostage at a diner.
Payback (1999): Porter, a former hitman, is out for revenge after being double-crossed by his employers. He tracks them down to a punk bar, where he beats them up and rescues his daughter.
The Equalizer (2014): Robert McCall, a former CIA agent, is now a hitman for hire. He is hired to rescue a young girl who has been kidnapped by a group of punks.
The Nice Guys (2016): Holland March, a private investigator, and Jackson Healy, a hired muscle, team up to investigate the disappearance of a young girl. They eventually discover that she has been kidnapped by a group of punks.

Thanks for the response. It is none of those films however.