MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2023 - Signups

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Interested in seeing how well it works for everyone and also interested in hearing their opinions. I know we were discussing it for football as well, and while I have reservations based on inexperience with it, I’m willing to listen what everyone thinks of it, especially after they have gone through it.

Im not voting No, but I am wary and yet amiable. I have to work either day so I cant stay glued to the draft from beginning to end like usual. Dont know if anyone else is in the same boat.

I went to do a salary cap mock draft to get an idea of it, and there is absolutely nobody, I mean literally nobody in the salary cap mock draft rooms. I am a believer in signs so Im sorry but my vote is No to auction. If the group wants it though ill abide.

Hi Everyone! Happy 2023 and all of that!

I would like to return. For March, both the 4th and 5th work fine for me, no real preference. Only weekend date in March that's a problem is March 11th, and I'd be free after 2pm EST.

I spoke with my boss, and shes willing to let me switch days and have the 4th off. Ill be there .... if thats good for my chances of winning, I dont know. Doing a salary cap mock right now with 3 other people.

Looking forward, this will be very interesting.....

A system of cells interlinked
12 is the best league size IMO

I'll do it if no one else wants to. If someone does, they can have my spot.

Cool. I don't wanna say "first come first serve" exactly but I think it should be worth something. I'll give it until Monday to see if anyone else wants to throw their hat in, and if they do I'll flip a coin or something.

Ive been studying how to do auction drafts and now know Ive no idea what to do.

I go into a 80% automated mock draft and stick to my guns by not bidding over a certain figure. Then find that guarantees I wont get any 1st the 3rd round players. We all know winnning the championship is impossible without them. If I grab a few up then im working with the people nobody else wants to fill up my roster.

Theres more than a learning curve to this, its that and learning my leagues bidding psychology. Unless we decide to do a mock to learn each others tendencies (obvously wont lol) then we will be going in blind on draft day.

Every expert I found says auction is the most fun you can have drafting your fantasy team, and Im reminded of the movie Rounders ...
In Confessions of a Winning Poker Player, Jack King said, "Few players recall big pots they have won -- strange as it seems -- but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career."

Ive been studying how to do auction drafts and now know Ive no idea what to do.

I go into a 80% automated mock draft and stick to my guns by not bidding over a certain figure. Then find that guarantees I wont get any 1st the 3rd round players. We all know winnning the championship is impossible without them. If I grab a few up then im working with the people nobody else wants to fill up my roster.

Theres more than a learning curve to this, its that and learning my leagues bidding psychology. Unless we decide to do a mock to learn each others tendencies (obvously wont lol) then we will be going in blind on draft day.

Every expert I found says auction is the most fun you can have drafting your fantasy team, and Im reminded of the movie Rounders ...
In Confessions of a Winning Poker Player, Jack King said, "Few players recall big pots they have won -- strange as it seems -- but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career."
I've been doing an auction draft in my other league for 6 or 7 years now. I agree that it's really fun, moreso than the snake draft.

Other league is also a keeper league, which further inflates the value of the top players. But in general, I consistently find auction values to be higher for the top 50ish players than what the estimates say, and much much higher for the top 20ish guys.

Re: auction. Okay, sounds like the response is pretty positive, but I'd really like everyone to weigh-in if they haven't already (or weigh-in again, to make gauging the response a little easier, particularly if anyone's changed their mind at all). Tagging everyone to get a real quick sense of whether or not there's enough support to do this this year.

I think it would also be fine, FWIW, if someone said "not this year, but let's decide NOW to do it NEXT year." I kind of assumed/wondered if that's always the way it would happen, really, since it would give people a lot of notice. If you're kind of intrigued but not sure, I would recommend voting "next year" as a compromise option.

@seanc
@TONGO
@Powdered Water
@Sedai
@LAMb EELYAK
@mikeython1
@rauldc14
@Hey Fredrick
@Banknotes Harper

I'm not sure how much support this should require to implement, obviously a majority is the first reasonable threshold, and we might be close to that.

I am down for auction.

Re:Tongo’s response to it. Not knowing everyone’s tendencies will indeed make strategizing in preparation more difficult the first couple years. That’s definitely part of the fun though. Knowing when to raise and when to fold. The draft should be a blast if we go that route.