Should posts on ignore be completely hidden?

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
But what if the anticipation makes him pee his pants before the tickling even starts .... what then?
Depends on if the peeing is brought on by terror or excitement. I think you could make a fine story out of this, Chyp. I'll do some ghost writing for you, but we'll have to wait for Mama Yoda to go on her holiday. I'm not comfortable torturing her son while she's in the house.

Depends on if the peeing is brought on by terror or excitement. I think you could make a fine story out of this, Chyp. I'll do some ghost writing for you, but we'll have to wait for Mama Yoda to go on her holiday. I'm not comfortable torturing her son while she's in the house.
Hey don't drag me into this - I quite like being able to post on here

I didn't read this whole thread, so apologies if this has been asked already, but is there a way to give the individual user a choice? Like if they want that person blocked completely or if they want those posts only veiled.

I rarely use the Ignore User function, so ultimately I don't care either way, just wondering.

Answered at the top of this page. Short version: yeah, but I think a more general/cleaner solution is preferable, especially since it's easier to implement.

I really don't think there's a need for this feature at all. I'll be outside watching the squabble.

You ready? You look ready.
Well, I vote in favor of having them hidden.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Why are we even focusing on ignoring each other?

Ya know.

We should be focusing on being more peaceful with each other.

Sounds unanimous.

I'll go ahead and make the change, tentatively. If anyone has any objections, I'll gladly still hear them out (it's easy to switch back if a compelling argument is made).

Only weirdness is that clicking a link on a quoted post from an ignored user won't take you anywhere, but that shouldn't surprise anyone who does it, since they know they have them on ignore. But I'll see if there's an easy way to remove the link in those instances.

So, the question is: should the Ignore List hide the posts completely, rather than simply collapse them?
I'm late to this discussion and I see the decision has been made, so I will say I concur. Fully hide post on the ignore list, not just collapse.

A system of cells interlinked
A revamped ignore list is just what we need.

It's already giving me a new thread idea -- Get on SEXY CELEBRITY'S Ignore User List!
Highly recommended, btw. I have been on it for years!

I'm going to put yods on ignore.

Just to test it out and see what you've been tinkering.

Very sneaky. Sure made me laugh when I got the 'you're not allowed to put him on ignore'. Gold! I never considered that was an option on forums. I doubt anyone would want to ignore a cute lil green geriatric, though.