MoFo Movie Weekends - Discussion and Calendar

Tools    

Thinking about the Star Wars Weekend in December... think it'd be worth shuffling the schedule a little and getting Rogue One in on the action as well? The DVD is out in 2 weeks.

Like, schedule it for Eps 1, 2, 3, then Rogue One, then 4, 5, 6, 7?

Would have to shuffle the times and stuff around a bit, but might be cool.

Wow, is it March? Surprised that I haven't heard more about the next Star Wars weekend recently.

I mean, it is so close to December already. Rodent, you've been very chill about it this time.

I promised Yods I wouldn't spam the forum this year

If my pal doesn't let me down, I might have a proper trailer this year rather than the still image video and gifs I used last year.
I'm talking a proper, actual MoFo Star Wars Weekend Trailer.

Seeing how there's not been any input yet on Rogue One... I've gone ahead and added it to the schedule.

Means an earlier start on Saturday so we can fit the movies in, but should be a fun Saturday with R1, Hope and Empire all on one day.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Friday will be a long day with those 3 films. Not that I am saying it is a bad thing! I am just saying that I will have to see how things will be as far as availability with that one as we get closer. I could probably guarantee that Sunday will be the best bet so far. No matter what, though, I will try to make each day at some point. But as it is only March, I have no idea. Maybe when December comes, I will be able to make the whole entire weekend again.

Had an edit of the Star Wars Weekend schedule again on post #3, being that there's 8 movies, and starting on a Friday... Sat and Sun will be easier to get 3 movies in...

Plus, Saturday will be super fun given the new schedule... the end of the prequel trilogy with Revenge Of The Sith then having Rogue One and A New Hope straight afterward? With popcorn? And a load of MoFos?

Anyhoo, it's edited...

Shedule Updated!!!!!!!

Please check the third post for schedules. We got a RoboCop 30th Celebration going on in July.

New weekend added to the schedule
Check the 3rd post in the thread for a full list of upcoming weekends

Thanks again to Yoda for giving us the time and Chat for these events

Saturday 10th June 2017
The MoFo 30th Anniversary Celebration Of Predator

3 showings allow for time zone discrepancies

6am - Central USA
12 noon - British Time
1pm - European Time
9pm - Central Australia

12 noon - Central USA
6pm - British Time
7pm - European Time
3am Sunday - Central Australia

4pm - Central USA
10pm - British Time
11pm - European Time
7am Sunday - Central Australia

How did I miss this?!
And miss the LOTR Weekend? But then I wasn't born yet.

Count me in for the next chat. But for the movie itself, "3 showings for the movie to be sure everyone gets a fair shot" --> do I have to look for a DVD/streaming myself? The old Robocop isn't on netflix. Sorry, I'm still green.

Count me in for the Star Wars weekend too, whenever it might be.

Yeah basically we get our players ready and hit Play at the same time and then sit and talk about the film in the Chat Room

We did Predator yesterday... RoboCop's 30th Anniversary next month.
Simon Pegg Day is soon, and Star Wars over an entire weekend in December as well in time for The Last Jedi release.

I put in 3 time slots, basically because we have MoFos in the USA and Australia, and everywhere else in between, so it gives everyone a fair go at getting in on the chat.

Oh, addition, the full proper schedules are on page 1 of this thread though, with times, dates, everything you need to know.
Only thing you'll need to do for Star Wars is check your time zone with what I've posted...

Ok thanks. And I like your Star Wars banner above.

@Yoda
Any plans yet for Simon Pegg Day?
We got the date (for anyone reading, check page 1, post #3 for schedules) but any ideas for what movies, times et al?

Good call, thanks for the reminder. For those who don't know or remember. Simon Pegg Day is the day Simon Pegg linked to us on Twitter and crashed the site (it was the old server; the new one would probably have handled it fine). Further explanation earlier in the thread.

I guess the best choice is the one we figure to get the most interest in, which would be Shaun of the Dead. Definitely been awhile since I've seen it, too. Obviously we'll want to do it on the day itself: October 28th. Luckily for us that's a Saturday, which is perfect for this. I'd lean towards something in the afternoon ET, since it'll be late morning on the west coast and early evening across the pond.

What do you guys think? That the movie we want to go with?

I think we need 3 movies for a bit of choice... Shaun Of The Dead is pretty much a given, but that'd leave like, at least 3 hours where something else could be ushered in.

Maybe a vote thread or something? Or just have input in this thread?
Peggy only had about 20 major roles to his name... so it'd be easy enough to get a few ideas and fit it into a time slot for 2 or 3 films total.

Yeah, I'd be okay with two films instead of one just so people have more time to check in, potentially. Though if we do one and time it perfectly people might make more of a point to be around at the same time. Tough call!

My inclination is to see what people think in this thread for a bit, then put up a proper poll a bit later. We've still got close to 3 months, and I'm okay finalizing some of this stuff in mid-September, too, but it's good we're starting to talk about it now.