What happened to Jack Nicholson?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I read Alzeheimers.... It's too bad I haven't seen him in a great movie in many years. Even in 69, he stole the show on "Easy Rider". The movies he was in during the 70's were amazing..

-Five Easy Pieces
-The Last Detail
-Chinatown
-One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Still around and still doing good. Still can be seen at basketball games and events. I recently found out he now vapes (smokes electronic cigarettes).
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	jack.jpg
Views:	1009
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	24892  

Yep, I read the same... He couldn't remember his lines no more and stuff, so he quiely retired. A shame, but we have had the pleasure of his acting for many decades. He deserves the quieter life.

He's 78. It's not that unusual for actors at an advanced age to unofficially retire (or semi-retire).
I read the title of this thread and told my buddy at work that the first response better be that he is 80.

Here's a picture of Jack taken about a week or two ago. He's at a basketball game with his 24 year old son, Ray.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	son.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	24893  

He's 86 years old, born 1937 and looks like the guy who took off from the assisted living center. It's probably time for him to hang up his spurs.

I do think about this sometimes, how seemingly rare it is for a genuine movie star to actually retire, rather than just pass away while still working. I remember thinking this when I "realized" Connery hadn't done anything in a few years, too.

Welcome to the human race...
I don't think it's a coincidence that he "retired" around the same time that Dril started posting on Twitter.

what happened to him
Time

I don't think it's a coincidence that he "retired" around the same time that Dril started posting on Twitter.
Hey, I exchanged words with @dril several times, that was quite a while ago when twitter was pretty new. I saw that account and thought what an interesting character, funny and out there to say the least. Funny you brought that up, I'd completely forgotten about that.

Hollywood will never be the same with Nicholson and Gene Hackman both out of the game...just can't wrap my head around the thought of these two never appearing in another movie.

Hollywood will never be the same with Nicholson and Gene Hackman both out of the game...just can't wrap my head around the thought of these two never appearing in another movie.
I like both of these actors, but I really miss Gene Hackman. I think he retired to reduce his stress due to heart issues, which appeared to have been a good decision for him, as he's still alive at 93! I often think about how many wonderful very old actors there are that are still working, but that we will likely lose soon due to retirement or them passing away. I just don't see the next generation comparing to all those we have already lost or will lose soon. It's a very sad thought! What younger actors within the next generation compare in talent and quality to Anthony Hopkins, Jack Nicholson, Gene Hackman, etc?