Your Dream Movie?

Tools    

What movie have you always wanted to see made? Why here is a director and actor working together, or a plot and genre mixup, or just a crazy idea that you've always wanted on the silver screen. This is the place for you to drop your creativity bomb.

My dream movie is anything that stars Joaquin Phoenix and Leonardo DiCaprio. I really want to see those two share the screen.

I can say, I've had this movie sitting in my head for a couple months now and it's beyond intricate.

The director is Alexander Payne, because he can handle drama well. I'd want him and someone else to help helm his writing because this movie is very dialogue heavy.

This idea is that a very disfunctional and abusive family gets together for a funeral and then proceeds to get snowed in their old childhood home. It's a lot of talking and back and forth about what really happened in the family and revelations about divorce and abuse and lots of good actors.

Patrick Miller (Mark Ruffalo) and Sarah Miller (Kate Winslet) are the main couple with their son, Nicholas Miller (Jacob Tremblay). The daughter in the family, Rebekah Miller (Naomi Watts) and her unwedded wife Amelia Chase (Alicia Vikander) are a lesbian couple, this brings a lot of contention into the parents due to them being very against it. The mother of the family, Abigail Miller, (Meryl Streep, I guess. this was a hard choice) is a very loving woman who does her best to care for her kids while at the same time loving her abusive husband Richard Miller (Jeff Bridges, older actors are hard picks). The father very much bonded with his trouble making son, Dean Miller (Paul Dano), who no one in the family likes or respects. And his ex wife and child, Mary West (Kathrine Waterson) and Thomas West (Logan Lerman), have become a staple love of the Miller family, and they stick around much against Dean's wishes.

What movie have you always wanted to see made? Why here is a director and actor working together, or a plot and genre mixup, or just a crazy idea that you've always wanted on the silver screen. This is the place for you to drop your creativity bomb.
I'd like to see a really good version of The Odyssey, with everything kept in. A trilogy would probably be the easiest way to go about it.

A Stanley Kubrick directed movie about The Trial of Socrates starring Burt Lancaster as Socrates.

I have a couple of standard answers for this question.

Many years ago, I read a novel called The Frontrunner about a gay track coach who falls in love with one of his runners. There were rumors for a short time of a movie and that Paul Newman was considering playing the coach but it never came to fruition.

I would like to see the musical Guys and Dolls remade...I have a myriad of problems with the 1955 film version, primarily some odd casting choices and the butchering of Frank Loesser's original score. I think Hugh Jackman would make an awesome Sky Masterson.

I would also like to see Joaquin Phoenix and Kate Winslet make a movie together.

Gideon58 - As Camo said, Winslet and Phoenix have already worked together in Philip Kaufman's Quills, from 2000. It's my favorite movie.

I'd love to see them work together again, though.

After watching Band of Brothers a couple months ago I've been thinking a lot and even read other people with a similar idea of a gritty, realistic Star Wars film from a spin-off angle (much like the three upcoming ones). Essentially the viewpoint of a group of non-force wielding fighters from the Star Wars universe, take your pick who.

Clones (Prequel era)
Storm Troopers (OT, post OT era)
Rebels (OT, post OT era)
Smugglers/Pirates (All eras)
Bounty Hunters (All eras)

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
2 hours of Farrah Fawcett (circa 1976) sitting on a beach in a bikini eating bacon

( I would watch the 3-hour directors cut too)

A summer camp comedy about a group of adorable, sassy tween girls who start their own summer camp with no boys allowed and no adult supervision.

I already got it: Jacob's Ladder. If I have a dream movie idea, I'll typically make it myself.

Having said that, I would love it if we got an FF7 trilogy directed by Hideaki Anno.

I forgot the opening line.
I want someone to finally make a film based on the Stephen King short story The Long Walk - it keeps on getting talked about, and always about to be made, but I've been waiting my whole life and still nothing.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

I want someone to finally make a film based on the Stephen King short story The Long Walk - it keeps on getting talked about, and always about to be made, but I've been waiting my whole life and still nothing.
Big fan of this book as well. If Wikipedia is to be believed, André Řvredal (Trollhunter, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark) will direct an adaptation, but that was four years ago.
In the meantime, I recommend listening to the audiobook if you haven't already. Kirby Heyborne is an excellent narrator.