SciFi/Horror Hall Of Fame (actual)

Tools    

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
WELCOME TO THE SCIFI/HORROR HALL OF FAME

All the hall of fame rules apply: nominate a movie, watch all the nominations, send me your votes of all the films in ranked order.

The deadline is December 21. I threw in an extra week or two because of all the HOFs that are going on at the same time.

If I don't complete all the movies because of work, I will NOT vote. I will, however, keep track of everyones votes and do intend to TRY to watch all the movies.

There has been a fair amount of interest in this, we have Eleven nominations! Thats a couple more than I expected. LOL!

Anyway....the participants are as follows:
Iroquois
Guaporense
The Usual Suspect
Thursday Next
Sane
Destiny
Funny Face
Sci Fi Slob
Cricket
Citizen Rules
Teeter_G

Thank you all for your participation and input. Together I think we can make this a fantastic hall of fame that everyone will be sorry that they missed.

* I had to sneak a little bit of cheesy-ness in there. Seriously though, have fun, its a game.

Videodrome - 1983 - David Cronenberg
Nominated by: Iroquois

Sunshine - 2007 - Danny Boyle
Nominated by: Guaporense

Cube - 1997 - Vincenzo Natali
Nominated by: The Usual Suspect

28 Days Later - 2002 - Danny Boyle
Nominated by: Thursday Next

The Host - 2006 - Joon-Ho Bong
Nominated by: Sane

The Fly - 1986 - David Cronenberg
Nominated by: Destiny

The Invasion of the Body Snatchers - 1978 - Philip Kaufman
Nominated by: Funny Face

Pandorum - 2009 - Christian Alvart
Nominated by: Sci Fi Slob

The Hidden - 1987 - Jack Sholder
Nominated by: Cricket

Alien - 1979 - Ridley ScottWINNER
Nominated by: Citizen Rules

Event Horizon - 1997 - Paul W.S. Anderson
Nominated by: Teeter_G

Destiny won the Sci Fi Hof with The Thing.

Sci Fi Hof Winner

Teeter thanks for running this! awesome films too!

You say November 1 for a deadline that's only 27 days to watch 11 films and there are other Hofs running, I'm in 2 others. Maybe you can extend the deadline to 11-12 weeks from today? Or how about Dec 1st for the completion date? What does everyone else think of that?

Destiny won the Sci Fi Hof with The Thing.

Sci Fi Hof Winner

Teeter thanks for running this! awesome films too!

You say November 1 for a deadline that's only 27 days to watch 11 films and there are other Hofs running, I'm in 2 others. Maybe you can extend the deadline to 11-12 weeks from today? Or how about Dec 1st for the completion date? What does everyone else think of that?
Doesn't sound bad to me, if everyone else agrees I will change completion date to December 1st.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think the HoFs would be better if nobody knew who "sponsored" a film. I guess whoever's running it would have to know, but in a perfect world, they wouldn't know either. Ever.

Doesn't sound bad to me, if everyone else agrees I will change completion date to December 1st.
That's eight weeks. I suppose that'll work. They normally give one week per movie, when setting these up, but it does usually seem like a bit too much.

Alien has got this in the bag.
Shhhhhhhhh!!!

It's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts.
What she said!

I think the HoFs would be better if nobody knew who "sponsored" a film. I guess whoever's running it would have to know, but in a perfect world, they wouldn't know either. Ever.
That's a great idea actually. Only the person running it should know who nominated what. Then it would remove any potential biases from associating a movie with a person.

The movies I haven't seen yet are Sunshine, Cube, Pandorum, and Event Horizon. They'll have a tough time breaking into my top 7 because the others are all awesome.

The Invasion of the Body Snatchers - 1978 - Philip Kaufman
The Hidden - 1987 - Jack Sholder
The Fly - 1986 - David Cronenberg
Alien - 1979 - Ridley Scott

I only own/have seen, those four. They are in order, from favorite, to least favorite. We will have to see if I fall in love with anything else.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I never remember who nominated a film anyway! And I don't like or dislike anyone enough to give or take points based on who nominated it. (Besides, if there's a lone anime, you could probably guess who nominated it without being told). I think if it was all secret people would spend a lot of time trying to guess who nominated what and/or not talking up 'their' movie so that people don't guess rather than just watching the movies.