2014 NFL Combine and Draft

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
I will give my thoughts on Cowboys picks:

1st round: Zack Martin - I would have preferred we spent this pick to improve our atrocious defense, but Zack Martin is a good player that helps make our O-line one of the better young lines out there.

2nd round: Demarcus Lawrence - I like the player, but I really hate that we gave so much up to trade down to get him. We could have stayed where we were at and picked a defender and got another one in the third. So that was stupid, so hopefully Demarcus Lawrence overperforms to make up for this mistake.

Anthony Hitchens - From what I've read, Hitchens was slated to go 7th round at best. So Jerry Jones strikes again, taking a guy probably not even worth drafting and doing it in the 4th round. Ugh.

Devin Street - I don't know much about his ability, but I do know we need WRs so I like that we spent the pick on him here in a midround situation. Too bad we still haven't drafted a DT though.

Ben Gardner - A defensive end from Stanford that would have gone higher had he not been injured. I like this pick a lot.

Will Smith - If this was the Fresh Prince I would be excited, but instead it's just a linebacker from Texas Tech who has been graded as an UDFA type prospect. Ugh.

Ahmad Dixon, Ken Bishop, Terrance Mitchell - For these guys all being 7th round compensatory picks this is crazy good value. Dixon especially.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Round 7 Selections:

216. Houston: Andre Hal
217. Washington: Ted Bolser
218. Baltimore: Michael Campanaro
219. Oakland: Travis Carrie
220. Minnesota: Shamar Stephen
221. Buffalo: Randell Jones
222. Jacksonville: Storm Johnson
223. Minnesota: Brandon Watts
224. Philadelphia: Beau Allen
225. Minnesota: Jabari Price
226. Saint Louis: Mitchell Van Dyk
227. Seattle: Kiero Small
228. Washington: Zach Hocker
229. Detroit: Nate Freese
230. Pittsburgh: Rob Blanchflower
231. Dallas: Ben Gardner
232. Indianapolis: John Ulrick
233. New York Jets: Trevor Reilly
234. Miami: Terrence Fede
235. Oakland: Shelby Harris
236. Green Bay: Jeff Janis
237. Buffalo: Seantrel Henderson
238. Dallas: Will Smith
239. Cincinnati: James Wright
240. San Diego: Tevin Reese
241. Saint Louis: Christian Bryant
242. Detroit: Corey Nelson
243. San Francisco: Kaleb Ramsey
244. New England: Jeremy Gallon
245. San Francisco: Trey Millard
246. Chicago: Charles Leno Jr.
247. Oakland: Jonathan Dowling
248. Dallas: Ahmad Dixon
249. Saint Louis: Michael Sam
250. Saint Louis: Demetrius Rhaney
251. Dallas: Ken Bishop
252. Cincinnati: Lavelle Westbrooks
253. Atlanta: Yawin Smallwood
254. Dallas: Terrance Mitchell
255. Atlanta: Tyler Starr
256. Houston: Lonnie Ballentine

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Alright so. The Jets did alright. They addressed a lot of holes that they had on the team. I don't think that Tahj should have been drafted to the Jets. It just adds more fuel to the media fire that will confuse Geno. Overall I am fairly happy with what they managed to pull off. I still think we should have traded up and got Denard.

The Jags did well. There last pick was my personal favorite. I have been a Storm fan for a while.

Like I said I dont watch enough college ball to give informed opinions on what the Bills did. I do love that they were much more active than normal. The receiver from Clemson is being talked about like he is the real deal, if he is an elite receiver I have no problem with them trading next years first round pick. They took a couple of offensive lineman and a linebacker which addressed needs. I like them trading down in the second and getting another pick.

I am a bit confused about their trading of Johnson for a fourth round pick. I would have paired him with the new guy. I have to think there are some personality issues there that they dont want to deal with.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Bills also traded for Bryce Brown today, who has looked good when on the field for Philly, especially if he can correct his fumbling issues. Maybe Fred Jackson is nearing his end?

Why havent the Buccaneers drafted a quarterback? Is Mike Glennon the plan now?! OH NO!!

In the Beginning...
Why havent the Buccaneers drafted a quarterback? Is Mike Glennon the plan now?! OH NO!!
They signed Josh McCown in the offseason. Not that a 34-year-old is the answer either, but at least he's got some history with Lovie Smith. Perhaps the plan is to start him for now and bring Mike Glennon along? Or draft a QB next year?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
They are giving the Jets A on the draft on NFL Network. I don't know that I would go that far.

One of them gave the Bills an A and the other gave them a B. So they must not have done too bad Sean.
Any idea what they grade my Pack?

In the Beginning...
Also, I'm really pleased with the Vikings' draft this year. A lot of folks are saying the Anthony Barr pick was a reach, but he seems to have limitless potential. Teddy Bridgewater is a bit more special to me because he played at Louisville, which is where I live. So in addition to being the best quarterback prospect the Vikings have drafted in years, he's also a hometown hero.

Don't know much about the other picks, but they're saying Scott Crighton is a gift in the 3rd Round and David Yankey is an absolute steal in the 5th. Antone Exum is also said to be a fierce pick. I would have preferred they target defensive backs earlier than they did, but they loaded up with three, so hopefully one of those guys will hit.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I hope The Rams do trade the #2 pick.

Here is who they have received so far.

Rams seal second pick from Redskins

2012 Rams-Redskins Trade

Here are the players the Rams and Redskins have acquired with the picks they swapped in their 2012 blockbuster deal.*

Redskins received
QB Robert Griffin III

Rams received
DT Michael Brockers
CB Janoris Jenkins
RB Isaiah Pead
OG Rokevious Watkins (Previously with STL, Acquired by KC)
LB Alec Ogletree
RB Zac Stacy
WR Stedman Bailey
2014 No. 2 overall pick

* Note that Rams made other deals with picks acquired from Washington to add multiple pieces.

This maybe the most one sided trade since Herschel Walker.
Initially, I wanted The Rams to trade the number 2 pick to a team willing to overpay...

...but after seeing Greg Robinson, I wouldn't mind them drafting him at all.

Either way, it's a win!
Clearly this poster doesn't know what he is talking about!

Greg Robinson Arrested for Marijuana Possession

Yep, trade amounted to a whole lot of nothing.

So who is this Aaron Donald guy?