NFL Off Season newsy type stuff

Tools    

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
According to the mini camp evaluations:
-The Houston Texans used their first round pick well on DeAndre Hopkins. Coach Gary Kubiak says 'He's special, his ball skills are extremely special. He's going to help us early.'
-Robert Woods of the Buffalo Bills might be a steal for new coach Doug Marrone. Woods looked smooth running his routes during the week.
-Eddie Lacy and Johnathan Franklin were roomates during mini camp and got along great. The competition between the two could create the best back field situation for Green Bay in years. They also made news by reshuffling their OLine.
-Geno Smith is a work in progress with the Jets but he has a chance. He showed he prepaired well for the mini camp. Smith's showing doesn't guarantee Mark Sanchez will be with the team, although Sanchez remains the favorite to be the starter.
-Montee Ball lived up to the billing that he could be the next Terrell Davis for the Denver Broncos. He is already being projected as the teams' rushing leader for the 2013 season.
-The addition of Tyler Eifert will change and improve the Cincinnati Bengals' offense.
-The Oakland Raiders are not only in transition on the field but they are also in transition in the front office as CEO Amy Trask resigned Saturday.
-The rookie class is working. Approximately 91 draft choices have reached contract agreements since the draft. The entire draft class of the Detroit Lions and the New Orleans Saints are under contract.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I hope Jonathan Franklin's not getting too overhyped. I honestly thought the guy has big-play potential before the draft even began. Luckily my Packers scooped him up.

Buddy Nix resigns as general manager of the Buffalo Bills.
Dennis Pitta signs $2.023M Baltimore Ravens tender.
Tavon Austin says he has a lot of 'cousins' now.
Justin Blackmon states that he does NOT have substance abuse issues.

Rolando McClain of the Baltimore Ravens retires at age 23.
Vikings are not chasing Brian Urlacher.
The Packers want Bret Favre back 'in the family'.
Alleged burglary victim of Titus Young hopes that he gets help.
DeAngelo Williams restructured his deal with the Panthers.

Melvin Ingram tore his left ACL during the Chargers organized team activities. If it turns out to be a complete tear he will undergo surgery that will likely sideline him for the entire 2013 season. The injury leaves the Chargers extremely thin at outside linebacker. Two options last season, Shaun Phillips and Antwan Barnes, left the team in free agency. Don't be surprised if they go after Dwight Freeney or John Abraham. The loss of Ingram leaves a serious hole in the Chargers pass rush.

As I figured, David Garrard has announced his retirement due to injury issues. So now the main dogs in the fight for the QB starting position are Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez. Nothing has been announced by the team yet, but David sent a text to Adam Schien of Sirius XM: "Having to call it quits. My knee is not holding up. Continuing to swell after practices. Limiting what I can do." Garrard was a long shot to start week one but it makes it tougher for the Jets to dump Sanchez.

Chad Johnson is wanted for arrest after a probation violation.
Geno Smith still believes the Jets will make the play-offs. (Great attitude Geno!)
Brian Hoyer and the Cleveland Browns reach a 2 year contract.
Rob Gronkowski's fourth arm surgery to be next week.
Doug Free took a pay cut to stay with the Dallas Cowboys.
Brandon Jackson and the Cleveland Browns strike a 1 year contract.
Dee Milliner fired his agent after falling in the draft.

Chad Johnson is out on bail.
Gronkowskis' arm infection cleared after fourth surgery.
NFL union is working on a deal to movie the 2014 Draft to May.
Darrelle Revis says 'the first time he steps out there, he will be fine.'