NFL Off Season newsy type stuff

Tools    

So...do you agree that there are at least some words offensive enough that they should not be the names of sports teams? Or do those "sissies" have to suck it up, too?

I'd like to understand whether or not you just think this word is insufficiently offensive, or if you'd be fine with anything.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
I don't think that it's offensive to the point that it should be changed. There are quite a few words that I would say were offensive enough that they shouldn't be the names of sports teams. Like the Connecticut Cu-ts or the Florida Fu-ks. I think you see where I am going with this. Anyway, I don't see Redskins as offensive, as someone who has partial Indians as great-grandparents I feel that I can speak on this.

An anonymous player in the NFL has stated that HGH is used in the NFL like clockwork. Says he believes that 10-15 players on each team use it on a consistant basis. That it isn't tested and is easy to get. I guess the NFL Players Union, according to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, has 'blocked the agreement to test for HGH for 2 years and counting.' However the NFLPA has issued a statement that says, 'We continue to actively work with the league to implement a fair, safe and effective test'.

In the Beginning...
Every time you want to think Tebow shouldn't be in the league, think of the absolute worst QB in the NFL. I mean the most Losman-ish, Skeltoniest dude out there. Then ask yourself if he's more likely to win you a game than that guy.
This. Even though they were both late-round selections, there's no way you could make me believe that guys like Trent Edwards or Curtis Painter are better quarterbacks than Tim Tebow. Sure, there's a greater expectation of Tebow since he was a first-round selection (should have been a second-rounder) and he's the owner of some pretty impressive credentials from Florida (even though college football isn't the NFL).

But his issue is that he was never taught, and seemingly can't grasp, the complexities of NFL offenses and defenses. It's a real shame, really, because he could be a phenomenal player. He's a winner on his feel for the game alone. He simply knows how to dig down and play competitive football. I hope he gets a real chance, while he's young, to learn behind someone who can actually help him get better.

The NY Jets are saying they feel 'no pressure' to start Geno Smith as a rookie. I would imagine not, with 4 other QB's on the roster. I am just elated that after next season the Mark Sanchez contract will be up. Hopefully they will be smart enough not to re-sign him as they have already stated that Geno is the future of the Jets as far as QB goes.

Geno Smith fired his agent this morning. The article I read about it said that it was partially the agents' fault that he wasn't drafted until the 2nd round. I call BS and say that he went where he should have, but what do I know.
According to the source that the people that wrote the article I read today have, Geno wanted to play in the Senior Bowl, a game that could have thrown him to the top of all draft boards, but was convinced by his management to sit it out. He was also disappointed in them when they failed to combat a wave of negative publicity about a scouting report. I guess the straw that broke the camels' back was the signing of two of the agents' other talents to teams that Smith felt were possible landing spots for him.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I don't understand it myself. People have gotten so sue happy over the past 10 years or so that everyone is worried about it. If the name bothers you, suck it up sissy. Move on with your life. It's not that big of a deal. I have heard way worse things that don't even get blinked at. Most of the time it is very few people that throw the monkey wrench in the wheel and ruin it for everyone. Like these people going and doing the shootings around the country, they are gonna screw around and get my hunting rifle taken because some jacka$$ couldn't keep his ***** straight and get his head wrapped around the fact that the world doesn't revolve around him and that sometimes people are going to say mean things to you and you can't do anything about it but suck it up and move on! Anyway, no the Redskins name shouldn't and most likely won't change. At least I hope that the owners have enough money and backbone to stick up for the name.
sweet rant

but ive lost your point.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

Chris is in the Tebow tree of trust. If the guy could play, he'd be playing. He's terrible and I hope we are all finished riding the Tebow express. Especially Chris, he's going to need several years of therapy to recover from what Tebow has done to him. He just doesn't know it yet. Time will tell.

Daryl Washington arrested on two charges of aggravated assault stemming from an alleged domestic dispute on Wednesday. A probable cause statement released by Phoenix police said Washington's ex-girlfriend claimed he grabbed her by the throat and shoved her to the ground following an argument at her apartment Wednesday. The woman told police that Washington also pushed her with two hands, causing her to fall and break her right collarbone, according to court documents.

Luke Joekel is reportedly already dominating in rookie camp.
Terrell Owens is still holding out hope that an NFL team will call him.
Chris Kluwe is expected to be cut by the Minnesota Vikings.
Tyson Clabo was signed by the Miami Dolphins.
NFL Analyst says that the Dallas Cowboys had the worst draft in the NFL on paper.

Let the night air cool you off
NFL Analyst says that the Dallas Cowboys had the worst draft in the NFL on paper.
I agree about the first round being abysmal, but to say we had the worst draft is craaaaaaaaazy. We didn't do much in the way of patching up our lines, but we drafted needs in the defensive secondary and gave Tony Romo some much needed new toys that don't seem to be injury prone. And even though our first round pick did suck, it did sort of address a need.