NFL Off Season newsy type stuff

Tools    

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
So who has seen Elway to Marino on ESPN?

It's amazing to watch NFL management mess up so badly. Who ever originally said, "you can't fire the owner" was so right.

Quote from Al Davis via Elway's agent, Marvin Demoff, "Yeah, I really like this Elway guy. I know he can move the chains. Can he throw deep?"

Demoff's response was, "Al, don't ever tell anybody that but me"

Powered Water, please don't watch this, your head may explode!

I think they couldn't wait to move him, but that's been true of lots of guys. He's a walking QB controversy, so even if he's talented enough to play in the league, there are other costs.

Every time you want to think Tebow shouldn't be in the league, think of the absolute worst QB in the NFL. I mean the most Losman-ish, Skeltoniest dude out there. Then ask yourself if he's more likely to win you a game than that guy.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Geno Smith fired his agent this morning. The article I read about it said that it was partially the agents' fault that he wasn't drafted until the 2nd round. I call BS and say that he went where he should have, but what do I know.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I think they couldn't wait to move him, but that's been true of lots of guys. He's a walking QB controversy, so even if he's talented enough to play in the league, there are other costs.

Every time you want to think Tebow shouldn't be in the league, think of the absolute worst QB in the NFL. I mean the most Losman-ish, Skeltoniest dude out there. Then ask yourself if he's more likely to win you a game than that guy.

The best place for Tebow to go is the CFL. Besides the fact that the field dimensions are ideal for his skill set, he'll be signed as the starter. Yes he'll make signifigantly less cake, but there are plenty of examples of guys that for one reason or another didnt get a fair shake in the NFL, went north for a few seasons, kicked ass and took names, and wrote their ticket going the other way.

Let the night air cool you off
My team has a cool way of drafting (and signing) WRs that make headlines, but somehow they make up for it on the field.. Irvin, TO (yes, I believe TO was great in Dallas for awhile,) and now Dezzy.

Geno Smith fired his agent this morning. The article I read about it said that it was partially the agents' fault that he wasn't drafted until the 2nd round. I call BS and say that he went where he should have, but what do I know.
Kid's an arrogant and probably overrated pussbag. I hope he busts.

Genos just young and too dumb to realize getting drafted by teh Jets in 2nd round is a massive upgrade to being snagged by say, the Bills and getting his ***** pushed in all day long for 17 games without fail.

Justin Backmon suspended first four games of 2013 season for substance abuse. The article says that you have to have multiple infractions to get this kind of punishment.
He released this statement:

"I've made a mistake and I have no excuse. I am truly sorry and disappointed in myself for putting the Jaguars in this situation, and I look forward to putting this behind me and maturing and growing as a person. I will have a productive training camp and pre-season with my team, and during the suspension I will work hard to stay in top football shape and be ready to help the Jaguars when I return. I have chosen to be accountable for my poor decision, and I sincerely apologize to my teammates, coaches, the front office and Jaguars fans for the impact of my mistake on the team."

Sounds sincere enough to me.

Also, some jackwaggon on Capitol Hill is complaining that the Redskins name has to change because it is "racist and derogatory".
Well hes right, aaaaaand it will never change.

then again the Wizards were the Bullets once upon a time.

on the other hand the native american lobby has no juice.

so yeah its an offensive name, but it will not change.

Because it's kinda offensive.

I mean, I'm a long, long ways from being politically correct, and what is and is not a racial slur is confusingly arbitrary, since it's almost entirely about intent, but I can see why the name would bother people.

I don't understand it myself. People have gotten so sue happy over the past 10 years or so that everyone is worried about it. If the name bothers you, suck it up sissy. Move on with your life. It's not that big of a deal. I have heard way worse things that don't even get blinked at. Most of the time it is very few people that throw the monkey wrench in the wheel and ruin it for everyone. Like these people going and doing the shootings around the country, they are gonna screw around and get my hunting rifle taken because some jacka$$ couldn't keep his ***** straight and get his head wrapped around the fact that the world doesn't revolve around him and that sometimes people are going to say mean things to you and you can't do anything about it but suck it up and move on! Anyway, no the Redskins name shouldn't and most likely won't change. At least I hope that the owners have enough money and backbone to stick up for the name.