NFL Off Season newsy type stuff

Tools    

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
The first big piece of news coming after the draft I'm sure is not a surprise to anyone. Tim Tebow has been waived by the the Jets after one season.

While I think this is a smart decision, I have mixed feelings. I wish he would have been given a proper chance at the starting position. I feel that he is a better QB than Sanchez.

Yeah, love him or hate him, what the Jets did was pretty inexplicable. If ever there were a situation where it made sense to roll the dice with an atypical QB and see what happens, it was the Jets' situation this past season.

I don't blame people for wondering if Tebow can be a long-term successful option at QB (though I think it has to be acknowledged that his game is more than just throwing). But he's so exceptional in other respects that he really only needs to rise to the level of mediocre throwing the ball to be at least a decent option. And let's be honest, he still would give some teams a better chance to win than the more traditional (but still pretty terrible) options the dregs of the league are rolling with now.

Anyway, if two teams have gotten rid of him, even if the first was by trade, it's definitely going to make other teams shy away who might have given him a second look before. Decent chance he'll have to agree to play another position to stay in the league, which is interesting in and of itself.

Chris is in the Tebow tree of trust. If the guy could play, he'd be playing. He's terrible and I hope we are all finished riding the Tebow express. Especially Chris, he's going to need several years of therapy to recover from what Tebow has done to him. He just doesn't know it yet. Time will tell.

Either way, he still isn't a quarter back. He can throw well enough he just isn't accurate. It's annoying really. I really like the guy. I dig that he isn't afraid to say how he feels about his religion. He tries his best to stay out of the tabloids, which didn't sit too well in NY. I would have liked for him to have had a fair shot with the Jets, at some position that he was genuinly good at, but he's too stuborn. People have probably told him his whole life that he is going to be a really great NFL QB and he believes it now. Not that it's bad to believe in yourself, but the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. On another note, is that actually the definition? I have heard that forever and don't know if there is any truth to that. I will have to check it out. Turns out that no, it isn't the actual definition. Oh well, it sounds good.

That isn't that actual definition of insanity, but it is an insane action to do it over and over. I don't dig that he talks about his religion all the time. I wish he'd shut up. No one cares what he believes in. He's just doing that for recruitment purposes. I hope he does go to Canada.

Let the night air cool you off
Chris is in the Tebow tree of trust. If the guy could play, he'd be playing. He's terrible and I hope we are all finished riding the Tebow express. Especially Chris, he's going to need several years of therapy to recover from what Tebow has done to him. He just doesn't know it yet. Time will tell.
I don't think the bolded part is true at all. But, I don't think Tebow is very good anyway. He MIGHT be able to play another position in the NFL, but his skillset is just too weird right now. I don't know that he really has a spot in today's NFL. It would take a real offensive genius to come up with a consistent offense for him to run in the NFL. I don't see that being that case though, as he is an abysmal passer.

EDIT: Please note how often I use "NFL." I think he could start and perform well in the CFL. And I don't care how religious he is, and it's silly how big of a deal people make about it on one side or the other. There are guys just as religious as he is that don't get the same airtime. At the same token, it's silly that people care that much about him being religious and complaining about it.

That isn't what I meant at all as far as my comment about his religion. I think that it is a good thing. I like his character and the religion is a big part of it. As far as the CFL goes, he might go there is talk about it all over right now. I really think that he won't have to leave the country to play ball, but I could be wrong. Even if he does have to go to Canada for a little while to improve his game, it could be good for him to get out of the spotlight here for a little while.

If the bolded part isn't true, then why has been released from two teams now?
I just mean that the statement in general isn't true. I don't like Tebow as a player. He wouldn't be on my team. But the statement in general is ridiculous, because teams like the Jaguars (sorry, Gunslinger) are notoriously bad at evaluating talent. So, just because a guy could play, doesn't mean he would get the chance. And vice versa, I'm looking at you, Blaine Gabbert.

Dude I am not in disagreement. Matt Jones anyone?
haha. I lived in Fayetteville, Arkansas for awhile, and the people there LOVED Matt Jones. Obviously because he went to the U of A, but they ALWAYS talked about how he was going to tear it up in the NFL at wide out. I LOL'd heartily the multiple times he got caught with coke.

Also, in a kind of related note, Texas (my favorite team) played Arkansas at Arkansas when he was the QB there and he fumbled to lose the game. It was awesome.

If the bolded part isn't true, then why has been released from two teams now?
He hasn't been. He's been released by one, because they're the most dysfunctional team in the league and had six quarterbacks.

haha. I lived in Fayetteville, Arkansas for awhile, and the people there LOVED Matt Jones. Obviously because he went to the U of A, but they ALWAYS talked about how he was going to tear it up in the NFL at wide out. I LOL'd heartily the multiple times he got caught with coke.

Also, in a kind of related note, Texas (my favorite team) played Arkansas at Arkansas when he was the QB there and he fumbled to lose the game. It was awesome.
I hated that guy! Decent first season. Would make crazy catches, but always dropped the easy ****!

He hasn't been. He's been released by one, because they're the most dysfunctional team in the league and had six quarterbacks.

Oh come on now. Denver couldn't wait to drop him and you know it.