Song Tournament Sleven

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I like it, but people might have a somewhat hard time thinking of songs for it. Or everyone might end up nominating the same thing at first.

For me, at least, songs specific like that just don't jump right out at me. Or they might be songs I don't really care about.

I thought it might be fun because it gives the tournament a theme, but it doesn't limit it to any one specific genre.

I keep a text list of all the songs on my MP3 player, so I usually just browse through my list to pick songs, but I'm sure a quick Google search would give you a lot of suggestions.

A '60s Song Tournament might be doable, especially since we're about to start the '60s Movie Countdown.

A '60's tournament could be fun too, but it limits the genre.

Also, Christine asked if we would wait for her to get back from her vacation before we start another song tournament, unless you run it.

In case I forget to say I'm going on me holidays for a week on Sunday so won't be around till the week after. Hope you don't start any new song tournements without me...mind you SC has time to start and finish one before I go

Master of My Domain
A '60's tournament could be fun too, but it limits the genre.
Why? The 60s is a diverse decade for both songs and film.

And what I've been thinking about is an "all-star" song tournament, where the winners and runner-ups of every song tournament go head to head to reveal a true king. It would be easy to participate since most songs are loved by everyone and you don't have to nominate anything.

Why? The 60s is a diverse decade for both songs and film.
There's a certain "feel" to '60's songs that's very different from music that came after it, so all, (or at least most), of the songs will have that '60's "feel". There's nothing wrong with that if that's what you're looking for, but I was hoping for something where the songs are more varied.

And what I've been thinking about is an "all-star" song tournament, where the winners and runner-ups of every song tournament go head to head to reveal a true king. It would be easy to participate since most songs are loved by everyone and you don't have to nominate anything.
This could be fun, but I think the nominations are also a big part of the tournament. It gives everyone something to root for, rather just the people who have already won tournaments.

I actually almost suggested that. An "All Stars" tournament.

But......

but I think the nominations are also a big part of the tournament. It gives everyone something to root for, rather just the people who have already won tournaments.
There's that and... I was gonna say they don't all have to be nominated in a mandatory sort of way. People could pick from the winners and runner ups and maybe add in some songs that have been played a lot, and maybe some new stuff as well..... but you run the risk of people not nominating them all, or enough, and then it isn't really "All Stars" feelish.

I also sort of don't think "All Stars" would be all that fun. If anything, maybe there could be a Song Tournament where nominating past winners is allowed and encouraged, but I don't think that'd be a great twist.

As for the '60s.... I'm not 100% in favor of it, though the '60s had a lot of great music. A lot of it's already been heard in other song tournaments, but I still think it would be nice to have all the songs be from the '60s. The '60s were a pivotal time in music history and we are all about to start a '60s Movie Countdown. And I'd rather hear '60s music than a lot of other stuff people like to nominate..... *shudders*

We could also do '80s Song Tournament Part 2 because I ran that one and it zipped by and wasn't that good.

Or '90s Song Tournament Part 2 or even a Millennium Song Tournament (*shudders*). The other ones were two years ago, with different people playing them. It is possible to do things over again.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...

I like this idea. Most of us have either had a winning song at this point or a runner up so we would have something to root for.

Master of My Domain
Most of us have either had a winning song at this point or a runner up so we would have something to root for.
Maybe that's why GBG disagrees with me.

Most of us have either had a winning song at this point or a runner up so we would have something to root for.
Maybe that's why GBG disagrees with me.

No, I nominated the runner-up in the Folk Song Tournament, and there have been some other songs that made it to either the winning or runner-up song, so there would be songs for me to root for. I'm just looking for something different this time, rather than the same old "top of the charts" songs.