Late 80's/90's Movie, Bomber w/Deadman Switch in School

Tools    

Ben
Like the title says, it's an action drama that is possibly a foreign film that I saw on UPN or WB back in the late 90's. The plot involves a man wearing a bomb and holding a dead man switch. I believe it was a school that he was holding hostage but I'm not positive. The climax of the movie features a SWAT team or SAS type unit dropping a giant cloth over the windows of the building as they storm in and stop the man, saving the hostages. It was possibly a british film but I'm not sure. It aired back to back with Stormy Monday at the time I watched it.
The one detail that I absolutely remember is that the SWAT team rolled the giant cloth down off the top of the building and over the windows. Thanks in advance!

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
It's been a while since ive seen the film, but a scene like that sounds vaguely familiar in the movie The Siege (1998) with Denzel Washington and Bruce Willis. I'm probably wrong though.

Ben
I have seen the Siege, and it definitely isn't that. Mad City looked like a possibility but I can't find the footage of it online anywhere. The synopsis on wikipedia leads me to believe the ending goes differently though. As the SWAT team raids the building in this movie, they are advancing across grass and in Mad City it looks entirely urban. That's an incredibly similar plot though. I may buy that movie just to be sure but I don't believe that's it. That would have been before I knew who John Travolta was, but I thought the man's face was very different than that.

Yeah, give it a look if you can. Very often with these we get people who have most of one movie and then one or two elements from another mixed in, so you never know.

The only movie i have seen about a school hostage is "demolition high" made in 1996 and then the sequel "demolition university" made in 1997...