The Summer Madness Song Tournament

Tools    

1. 38 Special - Back to Paradise vs. Supergrass - Alright

2. Len - Steal My Sunshine vs. Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart

3. Earl Scruggs & Lester Flatt - Foggy Mountain Breakdown vs. The Kinks-Sunny Afternoon

4. The Beach Boys - Surfin' USA vs. Manu Chao - Me Gustas Tu

5. R.E.M. - Radio Free Europe vs. Deana Carter - Strawberry Wine

6. Queen - Radio Ga Ga vs. Boney M - Daddy cool

7. 2Pac & Dr Dre - California Love vs. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean

8. KC and the Sunshine Band - Shake Your Booty vs. Daniel Boone-Beautiful Sunday

OK, I have to try and lay down for bed. I'm on these antibitotics for a red eye and I feel like I'm gonna puke. See you tomorrow. (I think)

"Hey barman, you know how to make a redeye?"

Wow, Sexy! You waste no time...

3. Earl Scruggs & Lester Flatt - Foggy Mountain Breakdown vs. The Kinks-Sunny Afternoon

8. KC and the Sunshine Band - Shake Your Booty vs. Daniel Boone-Beautiful Sunday
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

ROUND 1, PART 1

1. 38 Special - Back to Paradise vs. Supergrass - Alright-I've never thought much of 38 Special and I got a kick out of the other one.

2. Len - Steal My Sunshine vs. Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart-Both great.

3. Earl Scruggs & Lester Flatt - Foggy Mountain Breakdown vs. The Kinks-Sunny Afternoon-I don't mind the other one at all.

4. The Beach Boys - Surfin' USA vs. Manu Chao - Me Gustas Tu-I've come to like The Beach Boys more recently, although I like the other song slightly more in this match.

5. R.E.M. - Radio Free Europe vs. Deana Carter - Strawberry Wine-I've never liked anything about R.E.M.

6. Queen - Radio Ga Ga vs. Boney M - Daddy cool-That Queen song should only be nominated for a worst songs tournament. What an embarrassment.

7. 2Pac & Dr Dre - California Love vs. DNCE - Cake By The Ocean-Don't like 2Pac at all.

8. KC and the Sunshine Band - Shake Your Booty vs. Daniel Boone-Beautiful Sunday-Beautiful Sunday must just be some oddball song I love because this is the 3rd time I've nominated it and I don't think anyone else has ever voted for it. I love the other song too.

I dont mind doing the Tournaments fast but really Sexy goes pretty fast in these things without stopping at the Red Light.

ROUND 1, PART 1

1. 38 Special - Back to Paradise vs. Supergrass - Alright-

ROUND 1, PART 1

Supergrass - Alright

Len - Steal My Sunshine
the other one not available in EU so I went ahead and found it and vote for this one
Earl Scruggs & Lester Flatt - Foggy Mountain Breakdown

Manu Chao - Me Gustas Tu
this one me gusta more
Deana Carter - Strawberry Wine
REM not available - of course i found some versions but picked Carter in the end
Queen - Radio Ga Ga
Bobby is da boss but i have better summer memories with Radio Ga Ga
DNCE - Cake By The Ocean

KC and the Sunshine Band - Shake Your Booty
Cool ! wasnt this part of Stars on 45?

Didn't realize @christine was in this tournament.

Pissed this probably won't make it to the next round. Love it and hate Queen.

I always forget about that song. Love it.

1. New Order - World In Motion vs. Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows (I see them live in 2 weeks can't wait great song)

2. Foreigner - Hot Blooded vs. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime (so eassssyyy)

3. Nena - 99 Luftbaloons vs. Shabba Ranks - Mr. Loverman

4. Chubby Checker - The Twist vs. Devo - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

5. Joe Cocker - Summer In The City vs. Talking Heads - Making Flippy Floppy

6. Janis Joplin- Try vs. The Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian

7. Alan Jackson - Chattahoochee vs. blink-182 - First Date (Blink rock.)

8. Daft Punk - Get Lucky vs. Jimmy Buffet-Volcano (once again one easy choice)

Didn't realize @christine was in this tournament.
Aww you remembered I like him
Good nomination Pussy Galore !

ROUND 1, PART 2

1. New Order - World In Motion vs. Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows-I saw the 2nd band over 20 years ago and still have the tee shirt.

2. Foreigner - Hot Blooded vs. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime-My favorite Foreigner song.

3. Nena - 99 Luftbaloons vs. Shabba Ranks - Mr. Loverman-I didn't hate the second as I do get a kick out of when they talk funny like that.

4. Chubby Checker - The Twist vs. Devo - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini-I was excited at first to see the second song, but if only it could be the great version.

5. Joe Cocker - Summer In The City vs. Talking Heads - Making Flippy Floppy-I didn't like the second song, but that first might be the best example I've ever seen of a great artist doing a great song with hideous results.

6. Janis Joplin- Try vs. The Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian-I like the other song but it's two different leagues.

7. Alan Jackson - Chattahoochee vs. blink-182 - First Date-I liked both of these.

8. Daft Punk - Get Lucky vs. Jimmy Buffet-Volcano-J.B. is summer.

1. New Order - World In Motion vs. Queens Of The Stone Age - I like New Order but not this tune and QOTSA are killer.

2. Foreigner - Hot Blooded vs. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime No competition for me

4. Chubby Checker - The Twist vs. Devo - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini - Sorry, SC!

5. Joe Cocker - Summer In The City vs. Talking Heads - Making Flippy Floppy - Serious?!

6. Janis Joplin- Try vs. The Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian - Not big on JJ

7. Alan Jackson - Chattahoochee vs. blink-182 - First Date - fun country tune, absolutely repelled by the other one

8. Daft Punk - Get Lucky vs. Jimmy Buffet-Volcano - Can't stand Buffet so an easy choice

1. New Order - World In Motion vs. Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows

2. Foreigner - Hot Blooded vs. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime

4. Chubby Checker - The Twist vs. Devo - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

5. Joe Cocker - Summer In The City vs. Talking Heads - Making Flippy Floppy

That Joe Cocker thing is awful. People are only voting for it 'cause it's Joe Cocker.

6. Janis Joplin- Try vs. The Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian

Just like people are only voting for Janis Joplin 'cause it's Janis Joplin.

7. Alan Jackson - Chattahoochee vs. blink-182 - First Date

8. Daft Punk - Get Lucky vs. Jimmy Buffet-Volcano