The Summer Madness Song Tournament

Tools    

I'm not. I like Beach Boys, but they are a more private listening affair. Not tournament material unless you go with an obvious crowd pleaser. I need to really consider some of my choices so far, I don't wanna rush and I'm afraid I will rush just to get em out there. Let me hone in for a minute
To be far at the time when thought of summer thought beaches and Beach Boys songs popped in my head and country songs for some reason.

Are you sure you're done, @Joel?

If you are, I'll make links for them. Then I can start this thing. Tonight. You won't miss the first round.
I'm as done as I can be. I like way too many things and there's no way I could pick correctly so I'll go with one general swoop off the top of the whipped cream.

For a long time was gonna use the oldie California Dreamin by Mamas and The Papas but at last minute changed my mind too a more modern upbeat cool song.

OK, I'm gonna give myself a 9th, bonus song, too, like @NedStark09.

We're both getting bonus songs because we made it to the Semi-Finals in the "Classic Rock Song Tournament" but didn't make it to The Finals.

So this is a consolation prize.

My 9th song is total crap and probably won't make it past the first round anyway. But if it does, great.

Devo - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

And with that, NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED.

Round 1, Part 1 starts in a few minutes.

Fine. You'll get one, too. Since all of your songs were out first in the last tournament and because I didn't take your vote in that one round.

BUT NO MORE!

dude...damn..I just realized..I wanna replace michael mcdonald with Level 42...are u mad at me?

Oh my god, you have no idea how much I love that song, I do not mind at all.

Ha! ROTN2...needs a BD stat!
You figured it out. I nominated two songs from that movie.

For a long time was gonna use the oldie California Dreamin by Mamas and The Papas but at last minute changed my mind too a more modern upbeat cool song.
"California Dreamin" is already a Song Tournament winner, anyway.

Cricket's first win.

Sweatin' to the Oldies Song Tournament.

Which I also hosted.

And the runner up was "Under the Boardwalk" by The Drifters, which was nominated by The Sci-Fi Slob, who has been BANNED from the forum, rather unfortunately.