The Scattergories Song Tournament

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
We should do Country music sometime soon.

I would love that, but when we did country music a while back, everyone nominated old country music, like Patsy Cline and Merle Haggard. Non-country music fans don't seem to realize that there's been country music through the years, and there's still country music today, and some of it is even better than the old songs.

I would love that, but when we did country music a while back, everyone nominated old country music, like Patsy Cline and Merle Haggard. Non-country music fans don't seem to realize that there's been country music through the years, and there's still country music today, and some of it is even better than the old songs.
I missed that. Maybe it could be for Country music 1970 to today. I dunno. That sucks, though.

I think Destiny is setting a really good example with her theme ideas (I noticed you posted US Cities and clothing). One of the neat things about this tournament is how creative we can be with our themes. It could be really fun and varied. They can be specific and still be something that resonates with us. I know mine is kind of lame but it was the theme I had in mind when I suggested an Emotion Song Tournament.

I missed that. Maybe it could be for Country music 1970 to today. I dunno. That sucks, though.

That would work for us, but I don't know if anyone else here would join, or even be able to find songs to nominate.

There were some amazing country songs in the 80's and early 90's.

I think Destiny is setting a really good example with her theme ideas (I noticed you posted US Cities and clothing). One of the neat things about this tournament is how creative we can be with our themes. It could be really fun and varied. They can be specific and still be something that resonates with us. I know mine is kind of lame but it was the theme I had in mind when I suggested an Emotion Song Tournament.

I agree. I think cities was a perfect example of the way a theme tournament should be done. Clothing is another great example. Also, if Citizen Rules does his foods theme, that was a great idea too.

Other ideas include things like transportation, colors, etc.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I said I wasn't going to do another one for awhile, but I might as well join this one, too.

My theme will be the four seasons.

But I have to get off of here now. I will add my songs tomorrow.

Thank you, and I do like your theme. I also agree that the others need to go in another direction. When I scroll through my Zune music, I come up with a lot of ideas . . .

Dwight Yoakam ~ Guitars, Cadillacs
Billy Joel ~ The Piano Man
Johnny Lee ~ Cherokee Fiddle

Prince ~ Little Red Corvette
John Denver ~ On a Jet Plane

Come on guys, I know we are all too creative.

I decided to change my theme, not because of the Derek or ATC, just because I started thinking I could be a little more creative.

So I'm going to change my theme to Animals.

Bon Iver - The Wolves (Act I and II)

St. Vincent - Rattlesnake
The Roots - Baby (humans are animals, too )
Micachu and the Shapes - Vulture
The Rolling Stones - Stray Cat Blues
Feist - Sealion
Clark - Snowbird
Flying Lotus - Camel

Master of My Domain
Great idea for a song tournament Sexy Swan, I'll post my theme in a few minutes. Props to Mojo for hosting.

I decided to change my theme, not because of the Derek or ATC, just because I started thinking I could be a little more creative.

So I'm going to change my theme to Animals.
Oh, that's a very good idea. I'll stay mute this time on ideas.

Oh, that's a very good idea. I'll stay mute this time on ideas.
Honestly I mostly just wanted to nominate Bon Iver.

Thank you, and I do like your theme. I also agree that the others need to go in another direction. When I scroll through my Zune music, I come up with a lot of ideas . . .

Billy Joel ~ The Piano Man
Johnny Lee ~ Cherokee Fiddle

Prince ~ Little Red Corvette
John Denver ~ On a Jet Plane

Come on guys, I know we are all too creative.
I was also thinking of doing astronomy.

By the way, if anyone does that, or something related to planets, y'all should nominate "Venus as a Boy" by Bjork. Great song.

Master of My Domain
Great idea for a song tournament Sexy Swan, I'll post my theme in a few minutes. Props to Mojo for hosting.
Oh wait, just realized I don't have enough songs for my theme. Back to square one...

I was also thinking of doing astronomy.

By the way, if anyone does that, or something related to planets, y'all should nominate "Venus as a Boy" by Bjork. Great song.
Those are great ideas, and I will be listening to your list in a moment. I don't actually know a lot of those songs, so that makes this a lot more interesting.

It's a shame The Monkees are referring to people, when they sing Star Collector. I love that song. It's pretty much my favorite song from them.

Of course I also love Mary, Mary.

. . . and Mary, Mary . . .

Wait, that's not them.

That's actually another idea, possibly. Names, people in general, etc . . .

I could seriously do this all night.