What is Your Heart's Latest Desire?

Tools    

I wanna know what the hell he's talking about. That's my heart's latest desire.

I did want to know... but then decided I might be better off not knowing...

Right now I would like to be able to sleep about 8 hours straight... and to meet a guy who is not afraid to wear a kilt... and can handle my job....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Your 'job' isn't code for anything is it?

LOL... no... I didn't explain that very well did I.... hmmm... maybe "a guy that will not be intimidated by my job" would be better...

So, Mark, my heart's desire(s) has aged as I have. There really isn't anything material that I just 'have' to have so at the risk of sounding trite I'll just lay them out there.

1). I wish I didn't feel strange in the company of 98% of the people I meet. I can play nice, I am socialized, and I think people like me in a general sense but at the core I am interested in things that people as a whole in my reality just don't relate to. I'm not saying that there's anything special about me, it's just that I'm not interested in things that keep most conversations going in my world. I have taken a corporate job so that my kids could grow up in a safer/cleaner/etc environment than I had but I think I really belong somewhere in a ditch drinking cheap whiskey and howling at the moon. That's a joke, of course, but I am undoubtedly a square peg in the round hole of my reality.

2). I want to understand my context in this 'now'.

3). One last conversation with my grandfather who I knew was special but I didn't have the perspective to understand exactly how. Now that I know I wish I could tell him.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I would like tickets (and transportation to) the Newport Folk Festival so that I can see Cat Power and She & Him. That would make me very happy.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
I did want to know... but then decided I might be better off not knowing...

Right now I would like to be able to sleep about 8 hours straight... and to meet a guy who is not afraid to wear a kilt... and can handle my job....

Got kilt? Check.
Not scared to wear kilt? Check.
Can handle your job? As well as my own? Now you're just being lazy, still 2 out of 3 aint bad!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

I've been daydreaming too much these past few days. I wish they'd just come true.

Got kilt? Check.
Not scared to wear kilt? Check.
Can handle your job? As well as my own? Now you're just being lazy, still 2 out of 3 aint bad!

2 out of 3 ain't bad... Hmmm... reminds me of a song I heard once...

I fulfilled my stomach's desire for dinner - I ate an entire large cheese pizza.

I once cheesed and entire 8 large pizzas...yeah nm.

I want my basement to be totally finished, Owens Corning style, ok? But Owens Corning is out of their mind if they think I am paying them $36K - I want them to stop crank-calling me and not leaving me messages, because I know it was them, because I reverse-looked them up and then called them back. Cross your fingers people, I have a basement finishing system guy coming by tomorrow at 11am and they do a basement in the same type of breathable basement style as OwnCng. I want this basement. But not for an unreasonable price.

I also want a fence to keep my neighbors dog from pooping in my yard, and to keep him from MOWING half of my yard with his mower, specifically since I have the lawn people treat my lawn regularly, and I dont cut my grass like a scalper - it KILLS the grass. I dont hate my neighbor, and deep down inside, I dont really want a fence - what I want to do is to establish boundaries: his side, my side. They do not cross.

I also want a dog. A mini-pinscher, specifically. But I dont want the dog before I get a fence, because I do not believe in having chained animals like both of my neighbors on either side - its....kind of cruel chaining your dog in its own yard.

oh, and one day, I'd like to have a job again, if only to regain my sanity from the ever encroaching thoughts and suddenly disturbing observations about my friends and my relationships - mind you: these things have always existed, but somehow they were far less important. It is not good for an active mind to be idle in any way - to much time to think. See patterns. Dig up old issues. Its not good.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
This might seem a bit trivial to others, but it's important to me. My daughter has been working on a boat for the last week and a half. It can only be built from materials provided by the teacher, wood glue and varnish (to waterproof). The materials provided by the teacher were 15 eight-foot-long pieces of pine with the dimensions of 1/4" X 1/4" and 36 square feet of butcher paper. The boat is supposed to float, hold an adult teacher or administrator, and enable said adult to pilot it the length of the school swimming pool. This is due Thursday. Extra credit points are earned based on each progressive level which the boat achieves. I just want her to get the best she can from this project. I helped her with the design and some of the early construction, but she's been doing it all the past several days. Good luck, Sarah!

I would like to eat everything, and never, get

MovieForums Extra
I wish my dad would get better so they can remove the feeding tube. I want him to have more time, quality time. I know that's a lot to ask, but its my heart's desire.

Put me in your pocket...
I wish my dad would get better so they can remove the feeding tube. I want him to have more time, quality time. I know that's a lot to ask, but its my heart's desire.
I'm sorry to hear about your dad birdy.
Sending much love to you and your dad. I hope you can get your heart's desire.